GDT: A Confidence Game|Jackets v Bruins|4-2-19|7 p.m.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
worst possible results tonight. Simply splitting the games this weekend could possibly knock them out of the playoffs and a matchup against Tampa seems more likely if they get in.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I flipped the game after.goal #2 knowing it was done and being ok with that after having a great streak and still being in. I had this game marked.as an L when looking at the schedule anyways when trying to figure out what we needed we cant seem to win in Boston so honestly they are one of the teams Inreally want to avoid.

I saw Bjorkstrand scored whats his G streak at now?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
worst possible results tonight. Simply splitting the games this weekend could possibly knock them out of the playoffs and a matchup against Tampa seems more likely if they get in.

As bad as tonight is, yes. 2-0 is a lock for a spot and a chance at playing Washington (CAR would need to lose both games though)

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
That's it, folks. We have officially shat the bed on the entire season in 2 periods. And couldn't freaking buy a win from a team playing CAR or MTL at this point.

CAR has NJ and PHL to finish the season. It's over....the best we can do is win out and play Tampa.

And OTT now has a chance to salvage their abysmal season on Sat. night. They will be flying....

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
That's it, folks. We have officially shat the bed on the entire season in 2 periods. And couldn't freaking buy a win from a team playing CAR or MTL at this point.

CAR has NJ and PHL to finish the season. It's over....the best we can do is win out and play Tampa.

And OTT now has a chance to salvage their abysmal season on Sat. night. They will be flying....

I’m more worried about NYR right now. But Ottawa has looked good recently

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We needed to beat Boston for a good chance to play the Caps....

Now, after the games tonight anything is possible... we have not clinched anything yet...

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I’m more worried about NYR right now. But Ottawa has looked good recently
I don't disagree. The Rangers have a bunch of young kids that refuse to quit. They will play a full 60 mins, regardless of the score, which is exactly what we DON'T need on the front end of a back-back.

When we acquired Duchene and Dzingel, the first thing I did was check the schedule. When I saw @OTT was the season finale....I worried like hell that it would come down to this, with the Senators having a chance to send both guys home to the golf course.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I would actually argue that the CAR win tonight (outside of our debacle) was more damaging for our post-season than MTL beating TBL.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
This board is hilarious some nights . Jackets will be fine , easiest schedule between the other 2 teams battling with us . They had won 5 in a row , oh noes we lost a game , the season is over :huh:. Pitt sucks too they lost to Detroit , not the Bruins . Just relax . We don’t win the next 2 , we deserve to miss the playoffs , and Torts deserves to be sent to the citgo

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I’ll be interested to see who the rangers put in net tomorrow. Not sure who’d rather face, but I’m leaning towards Georgiev.

Neither Ottawa nor NYR will be playing on back to backs when we play them. That concerns me, but like bread man says, we control our own destiny, and if we don’t win both it’s on us. This loss tonight only feels as bad as it does because we got no help. It happens. But we’re going to need some help in order to get in and avoid Tampa.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This board is hilarious some nights . Jackets will be fine , easiest schedule between the other 2 teams battling with us . They had won 5 in a row , oh noes we lost a game , the season is over :huh:. Pitt sucks too they lost to Detroit , not the Bruins . Just relax . We don’t win the next 2 , we deserve to miss the playoffs , and Torts deserves to be sent to the citgo

There are sympathy fans, reality fans, lurker fans waiting to post, quitter fans who come back, moral victory fans, Bob is great fans and more...

Bottomline… if the Jackets win everyone is a buddy, if the Jackets lose run for your life!!! Your posts are fine Bread...

Reactions: The Bread Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad