A Comparison: Damphousse, Nicholls, Roenick, Turgeon

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'm with you on Nicholls not ever getting his due (it seems that scoring 70 goal and 150 points is almost held against him lol), but Roenick had his own injury issues then as well, I don't think it's fair to call him "prime-era" in the mid nineties.
All right, fair.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I like all the reasons given so far and generally am with the consensus:
1. Roenick, Turgeon, Damphousse, Nicholls. It's like razor-thin, though.
2. Turgeon, Nicholls, Roenick, small gap, then Damphousse
3. Damphousse...large gap...Roenick...small gap post-prime Nicholls...large gap, then Turgeon
4. Damphousse...large gap...Roenick...large gap Nicholls, small gap, Turgeon.
5. I'm starting to get on-board with the Roenick supporters. He was a larger-than-life figure in hockey for not only the prime Chicago years but a short period in Philadelphia, too. That stuff, for better or worse, has sway.

NigerianNightmare

Lürssen > Feadship
Jan 25, 2022
West Africa
Brilliant thread. 4 cool players from the best era in the NHL history

1. Roenick

2. Nicholls (70 goals playing with #99)

3. Damphousse

4. Roenick

5. Probably, none. Roenick has the biggest chance of all.

PS. Turgeon was hugely overrated

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Here is an additional question. Out of the 4, where do you rank their postseasons? None are spectacular of course, none are horrible. All fall into the category of mediocre to alright.

If I were to rank them solely on that:

I am thinking Roenick is #1. The other three all fall between #2-4. Damphousse is that x-factor. He is the only one to win a Cup, and while he was instrumental in 1993 he doesn't have much else and his PPG is the worst. So is he #4? Nicholls maybe is #2. Turgeon #3? Damphousse #4? Hard to say, because the closest to a "playoff warrior" was Roenick. Maybe he has the best run out of any of them (1992).

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad