A chat with Bruce Boudreau

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I am not sure why the Leafs wouldn't hire a specific PP coach at this point. Manny Molhotra is not doing a good enough job. And they don't need to necessarily have this person behind the bench. Just strip Manny of the PP duties, keep him on the PK and behind the bench. At this point, our lack of PP success could very well result in an early first round exit. You need to capitalize on the PP. It doesn't have to be Bruce, but he wouldn't be horrible to have on staff. I just don't understand how we can watch this same powerplay operate for almost 2 months, change nothing but the personnel and expect different results. Its clearly a system issue. Bruce can be hire on as a consultant can he not? MLSE has a f*** ton of money, and I'm sure Bruce would love to be a part of this team. As far as I am aware there are no limits on how many coaches a team has, maybe behind the bench, but not in totality. What is there to lose at this point

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I am not sure why the Leafs wouldn't hire a specific PP coach at this point. Manny Molhotra is not doing a good enough job. And they don't need to necessarily have this person behind the bench. Just strip Manny of the PP duties, keep him on the PK and behind the bench. At this point, our lack of PP success could very well result in an early first round exit. You need to capitalize on the PP. It doesn't have to be Bruce, but he wouldn't be horrible to have on staff. I just don't understand how we can watch this same powerplay operate for almost 2 months, change nothing but the personnel and expect different results. Its clearly a system issue. Bruce can be hire on as a consultant can he not? MLSE has a f*** ton of money, and I'm sure Bruce would love to be a part of this team. As far as I am aware there are no limits on how many coaches a team has, maybe behind the bench, but not in totality. What is there to lose at this point
It's also opening a huge risk for teams to run our players, knowing there is no repercussion. Look at Hyman, they only mustered a single goal in 5 mins and would have lost a key player for a series. Look at the like 40+ powerplays where the Leafs were like -2 in goals.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I don't think his history of hard-nosed hockey would fit in with the "wussy turn your cheek" game that upper management seems to be growing here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->