A change I would make to the composition of the team

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Things are going quite well, especially with the PP

A major change I would make is to add major toughness to the 4th line and maybe a Barnaby/Kaleta type.

Now, yes, this is not the 1990s. However, a parade to the penalty box will give us the major advantage. Yes, we'd be taking tons of penalties. But so would the other team in retaliation. With out PP, we'd be coming out ahead in the VAST majority of those games.

Basically, I'd like to see us develop a game plan and lineup that allows us to maximize our PP potential. Not get a tough team for the sole purpose of fighting. But use the toughness tactically to create a game with alternating PPs. Then let Jack and Dahlin do their thing and get us the wins.

Somewhat out of the box thinking, but as long the PP isn't coached by Housley again (the bad PP the last 2 years was his fault as it was elite under both Bylsma and now Krueger), we will have the special teams advantage

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
While I do like the role of an agitator, for it to work these days, it needs to be a Tom Wilson/Brad Marchand type. The 4th line pat kaleta pest has been suspended out of the league. They need to be legit players whose role is well beyond playing physical. I remember in Kaleta's last season, he couldn't touch another player without getting a penalty. It was way over the top. It forced him out of the league.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'm not entirely sure how a Kaleta would help us. For all the powerplays they might draw, he'd be dead weight any other time on the ice, plus would take negative plays to counterbalance. You could argue that as long as our powerplay has a better net effect than our penalty kill it's still a positive, but playing a guy capable of nothing else just for that seems like a waste. As Doak mentions, it would need to be someone capable of more than just stirring the pot.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
3cxy7k.jpg

Reactions: sabremike

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So this agitator is going to play in place of Sheary or Vesey?

Let's work the guy who draws a ridiculous amount of penalties into the lineup for a longer sample before they have to go out and get another. (That would be Rodrigues.)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i think it would be better to have players like vesey and sobotka in the pressbox for guys like erod and tage

lines could be:

VO jack sam
skinner mojo erod
sheary mitts tage (who knows how they would be defensively but at least it gets vesey out of the picture)
girgs larry KO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad