A chance to get Raanta off waivers - drop Luongo or Kinkaid?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Fellow fantasy enthusiasts, I have a chance to pick up Raanta off waivers. I have 4 goalies currently, and plan to keep 4. I plan to keep Rask and Fleury definitively. I have the choice to drop Kinkaid or Luongo. Do I pick up Raanta (who I think is elite in some categories)? If so, drop Luongo (getting healthy soon) or Kinkaid (who may remain the starter even if Schneider makes it back...)? Your take on these options?

Edit: I am first in line to pick a player off waivers.

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Really doubt Kinkaid will get the majority of the starts when Schneider is back, at best 50/50. Luongo will get majority in Florida due to Reimer and Hutchinsons early struggles. I'd keep Luongo and drop Kinkaid for Raanta.

May not show results short term but in the long game, you'll get more starts having a Raanta/Luongo combo for the rest of the year rather than Luongo/Kinkaid.

Reactions: RonTextall

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Really doubt Kinkaid will get the majority of the starts when Schneider is back, at best 50/50. Luongo will get majority in Florida due to Reimer and Hutchinsons early struggles. I'd keep Luongo and drop Kinkaid for Raanta.

May not show results short term but in the long game, you'll get more starts having a Raanta/Luongo combo for the rest of the year rather than Luongo/Kinkaid.
Good option. I originally had planned to get rid of Luongo, but I'm gravitating towards the same conclusion as yours.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Good option. I originally had planned to get rid of Luongo, but I'm gravitating towards the same conclusion as yours.
This may sound like a stupid question, but does your league allow you to put players on IR? I play in a lot of leagues, and far too often I see top players dropped when they get hurt.

If you can get Luongo to IR (even if temporarily) you can then claim Raanta without dropping anyone. In some leagues you can leave healthy people on IR as long as you don't try to make any more adds until you fix the problem. That way you can see how Luongo and Schneider do on their returns from the IR.

I would also suggest trying to trade Kincaid to Schneider's owner instead of dropping him. May be able to get something decent so the other owner can have the insurance with both NJ goalies.

sholi2000

No One Gets Left Behind
May 26, 2013
Brandon, MB
www.sholi2000.com
Keeper's league, drop Luongo.

Non Keeper's league, do not drop, he'll be back and there's no way this Flr team will be this bad all season. However the Yotes will be bad all season but Raanta will still have good numbers and a future there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad