A Champion among us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Not a HF related thread, but thought you'd all get a kick out of this just the same...

It is with great pride I would like to congratulate my team mate from "The Legion of the Red Fist", Mr. Rob Krueger as the 2003 World RPS Champion. How many of us can ever say we were a World Champion?...

The Legion of the Red Fist is the most vaunted and dominant RPS team in the world, consisting of five grand master Roshombo players.

Roberto took home the title on Saturday night, and made appearances on the the Today Show (NBC) and CBC yesterday morning. A few of the many reports of his victory can be found at the following:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s975703.htm
http://www.rpschamps.com/
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/americas/10/26/offbeat.competition.reut/

Of note, if you're ever trying to resolve a dispute with one of us, you might want to flip a coin...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Well, that tears it - we DEFINITELY need to go out for drinks again, and Krueger is buying!

Kruegs, congratulations - you'll be glad to know that a coworker of ours was among the 319 other competitors, along with her boyfriend. She got eliminated in the second round, but at least had the satisfaction of gloating over her boyfriend, who got knocked out in round 1. They both had a great time, though, and stuck around through the rest of the event.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Bugger me....

I heard about the WC on the radio today. Low and behold, I heard Rob's name and toronto. Man talk about press coverage.

Congrats anyways rob, I wish I could have been there to help you celebrate.

ROCK ON!!!! :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I can vouch for Rob's alcohol intake. Nothing liking being on the Today Show in front of 25 million people, hung over to the gills. But he's a trooper.

GM Bruins

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Insanity! Thanks for the congrats!

This is too much - its hilarious. Saw that it made the Telegraph in Calcutta India. Humour. Truely an international affair. For a good laugh, try a google news search - Rob Krueger. Unreal.

It was definitely the type of event that the HFNHL Bruins would participate in...

Rockit,

Kruegs

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
For those anxious to see Rob in action, he's getting flown down to LA for an appearance on the Ellen Degeneris show. No, I'm not joking.

From what I understand, he had offers from Letterman and Leno, but I guess he's a big fan of Ellen. Who knew?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Dr.Sens(e) said:
For those anxious to see Rob in action, he's getting flown down to LA for an appearance on the Ellen Degeneris show. No, I'm not joking.

From what I understand, he had offers from Letterman and Leno, but I guess he's a big fan of Ellen. Who knew?

Who's not a fan of lesbiens?

Maybe Rob is just curious about what goes on backstage at her show.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:

That's all well and good, but until he's on the Tom Green Show, it's not that impressive in my books.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Worlds colliding! Worlds colliding! I'm having a major George Costanza-grade freakout here, folks.

It's bad enough that you two blokes were there. Worse still that the denizen of the next cubicle at work was there with her boyfriend, but now I realize that the Host and MC, Michael Booth (the snappy dresser in the tux with green waistcoat) was one of the principals with whom I launched Tempest Theatre Group (a Shakespeare repertory company) in Toronto some (eek!) 12 years ago... his partner Keri Alletson worked hospitality and media relations on this event (so no surprise you got tons of coverage - she's a crackerjack publicist), and yet a third member of the group, Greg Cooke, did the merchandising.

It's probably a good thing I wasn't there - much like the prospect of the Red Sox and Cubs getting to the World Series together, the world would likely have imploded.

(P.S. - One of the other principles behind Tempest, for those who get cable in Toronto, is now going by the name Jonathan Llyr, and is host of "Hypa Space" on Space TV. He was my MacBeth when I directed the Scottish play at U of T way back in second year... if RPS was anything like our theatre days, there was PLENTY of drinking going on. Oh, wait - that's why Kruegs and Quain went, isn't it? ;) DE)

Mar 1, 2002
Holy crap...I just heard Rob on Fox Sports Radio. Talking about Fist Full of Dollars and Toolboxes and Avalanches. We were cracking up driving home. Nice to know you put your skills to use at home too, Rob! :)

GM Bruins

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
espn

doing Espn tv this aft. between 3:50pm and 4:20pm - don't know if it will go live, or go to tape then live later. great stuff.

had some fun with fox sports radio ;) glad someone heard it!

HFNHL Asst Commish

Wild GM said:
What show? Sportscenter? PTI? That's classic!!

ESPNews. I just saw their anchor Brian Kenny mention that it was coming up later. That's just so crazy! :joker:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Congrats to the World Champion for once again proving victorious - this time in a live head-to-head showdown with the ESPN anchor.

The Legion of the Red Fist Rules!

Just call me "Coat Tails"...

GM Bruins

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
anyone see it?

no monitor - was totally blind. couldn't see anything. also got tongue tied at the end but I think the rest came off ok. anyone see it?

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
OMG, THE WORLD HAS GONE BANANA'S OFFICIALLY!! The coverage of the WC has reached Australian TV. Man Kruegs, is that real hair or is that your toupee?? :D

HFNHL Asst Commish

GM Bruins said:
no monitor - was totally blind. couldn't see anything. also got tongue tied at the end but I think the rest came off ok. anyone see it?

That was a lot more amusing than most of the stuff they put on there to fill time. The anchor was baffled for like 20 minutes after that on how you beat him.

By the way, you're lucky I wasn't the anchor.. watching at home, I totally called your scissors at the end! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->