A case for NHL in Houston!

GSC2k2*

Sadly - from American TV and movies and their own preconceptions.

This ranks up there with my recent exchange on the NHL marketing thread:

deluded canadian: 50% of the US population is black.

me: no its not, its about 12% - <insert US census numbers>

deluded canadian: Well, the vast majority of US cities are black.

me: no they're not, only 2 out of the top 20 cities have majority aftican american populations - <insert more US census numbers>

deluded canadian: blissfull silence.

No, I do not think that all (or even most) Canadians are that ignorant about the US, and I know that many Americans are as ignorant about Canada, but I notice more of these off the wall comments seem to be made by our friends up north.
In all honesty, I think you can find an equal proportion of compete chowderheads in either country. I think you might get that perception because there are probably more Cdn posters here than other nationalities, so there is bound to be a higher raw number of chowderheads. I would suggest that you should not take that to mean that we have more chowderheads per capita overall.

That being said, my countrymen have been putting my theory to the test over the past several days.

Transported Upstater

In all honesty, I think you can find an equal proportion of compete chowderheads in either country. I think you might get that perception because there are probably more Cdn posters here than other nationalities, so there is bound to be a higher raw number of chowderheads. I would suggest that you should not take that to mean that we have more chowderheads per capita overall.

That being said, my countrymen have been putting my theory to the test over the past several days.

For some reason, your post just made me long for some New England Clam Chowder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad