A Boom and a Bust (EDM/CGY duos)

C/RW Draisaitl/RW Puljujarvi or LW Tkachuk/C/LW Bennett

• Total voters

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Surprised at the results. I think Tkachuk is the best player and Bennett has shown a lot more than Pulju. Calgary duo all day.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Clearly haven't been following Bennett this year but he's been spectacular. He's tied for 15th in the NHL in individual high danger scoring chances (only 3 behind the leader) and has the 3rd lowest amount of ice time out of anyone in front of him. He's also 19th in the entire NHL in individual expected Goals For per 60 minutes (ixGF/60) @ 1.15. His scoring chance rates and high danger chance rates are also spectacular whereas Puljujarvi's (I actually like JP) are very, very poor.

In short, Bennett has had a spectacular season 5v5 thus far and is very snake-bitten but if he continues playing as great as he has, his puck luck will normalize as the season goes on.

At least know your facts before posting

I'm a Flames fan but I'm so sick of hearing these excuses for Bennett.

Has he been unlucky into his 3rd straight season now or is he just terrible at finishing?

The guy has no finish. At all. He's a bad player who plays hard, nothing more.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I'm a Flames fan but I'm so sick of hearing these excuses for Bennett.

Has he been unlucky into his 3rd straight season now or is he just terrible at finishing?

The guy has no finish. At all. He's a bad player who plays hard, nothing more.

I mean, every analytical statistic and even the eye test completely disagree with you.

Ask any Flames fan and 90% of them will tell you he's been fantastic this season.

But to each their own.

Reactions: flamesforcup

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, every analytical statistic and even the eye test completely disagree with you.

Ask any Flames fan and 90% of them will tell you he's been fantastic this season.

But to each their own.
But none of those stats refuted his point that perhaps Bennett just sucks at finishing. There's actual stats to back that up in his pedestrian goal and points totals over the past few years despite having a very high ixGF/60 last year.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
But none of those stats refuted his point that perhaps Bennett just sucks at finishing. There's actual stats to back that up in his pedestrian goal and points totals over the past few years despite having a very high ixGF/60 last year.

While skilled players generally outperform their ixGF whether it be due to their incredible shot (Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Monahan, etc..) or speed (McDavid, Larkin, Athanasiou, etc..), other players like Bennett (who have the ability to create great individual scoring chances but don't have as high end shot or speed as the top players) tend to finish more in line with the ixGF.

Bennett's career ixGF is 35.55. He's scored 32.

Last season, he was legitimately unlucky where he had an ixGF of 15.01 but only finished with 10.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Clearly haven't been following Bennett this year but he's been spectacular. He's tied for 15th in the NHL in individual high danger scoring chances (only 3 behind the leader) and has the 3rd lowest amount of ice time out of anyone in front of him. He's also 19th in the entire NHL in individual expected Goals For per 60 minutes (ixGF/60) @ 1.15. His scoring chance rates and high danger chance rates are also spectacular whereas Puljujarvi's (I actually like JP) are very, very poor.

In short, Bennett has had a spectacular season 5v5 thus far and is very snake-bitten but if he continues playing as great as he has, his puck luck will normalize as the season goes on.

At least know your facts before posting

So what you are saying is he has no finish and a poor shot. Thanks for the clarification of why he is not producing and never has. I appreciate you sharing those facts with me

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
So what you are saying is he has no finish and a poor shot. Thanks for the clarification of why he is not producing and never has. I appreciate you sharing those facts with me

Literally explained it in the post above yours but great to know you don't know how to read.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Tkachuk > Leon

Bennett and Pulju are a wash at this point.
I guess you will be paying Tkachuk 8.5M x 8 then.
Good 3 point game but let the guy have a 60pt season first before declaring him to be > Draisaitl.

Tkachuk may be shinier but for me its Monahan > Tkachuk easily.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I guess you will be paying Tkachuk 8.5M x 8 then.
Good 3 point game but let the guy have a 60pt season first before declaring him to be > Draisaitl.

Tkachuk may be shinier but for me its Monahan > Tkachuk easily.

Our GM isn't terrible at his job, so no, we won't be paying Matty that much.
He'll make 6.750 like Gaudreau and the captain.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->