A Boom and a Bust (EDM/CGY duos)

C/RW Draisaitl/RW Puljujarvi or LW Tkachuk/C/LW Bennett

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Edmonton fan saying Edmonton very easily.
I like Draisaitl more than Tkachuk (not an unpopular opinion)

But adding Puljujarvi and Bennett tilts it A LOT more in Edmonton’s favor

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett is a far superior product than Jesse.

Honest question, does Draisaitl have to anchor his own line, or do I get to give him McDavid from time to time to bump up his scoring and the PP? If so. That. That every day.
IF I don't get the McDavid rub, I'll take Matt Tkachuk, thanks.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Draisaitl is far and away the best player. Pretty easy choice.

It’s also hilarious every time Tkachuk tries to hit Draisaitl, he just bounces off him to the ice on his ass.

Lmaooooooo

Draisaitl is having a terrible season thus far despite an unsustainable SH% (29.2%) & oiSH% (12.2%) and is getting absolutely crushed 5v5 whereas Tkachuk has more points with a much more normalized (although still quite high) SH% (16.1%) and while his oiSH% (12.2%) is the same as Draisaitl's, at least he continues to absolutely crush competition 5v5, which is the complete opposite of LD this season.

Tkachuk is also 2 years younger

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Lmaooooooo

Draisaitl is having a terrible season thus far despite an unsustainable SH% (29.2%) & oiSH% (12.2%) and is getting absolutely crushed 5v5 whereas Tkachuk has more points with a much more normalized (although still quite high) SH% (16.1%) and while his oiSH% (12.2%) is the same as Draisaitl's, at least he continues to absolutely crush competition 5v5, which is the complete opposite of LD this season.

Drai has 7 goals and 7 assists in 12 games for 14 points. Spin it any way you like but he is producing. And by the way last year Leon had some of the best stats in the league 5 on 5. Nice try....

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Lmaooooooo

Pool Party is also 2 years younger than Bennet. So while Bennet is an actual bust PP has a couple more years to go to reach actual bust status. He is just trending that way:)

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Lmaooooooo

Last four games of having Chiasson new Rieder added to his line Draisaitl has posted a CF% of 55, 51, 67 and 48.

That averages out to 55%. That’s actually pretty good.

I know four games are a small sample size, but with new line mates, Draisaitl is driving the play, oh, and those last four games were against good teams too.

He’s not a possession black hole that you make him out to be.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Last four games of having Chiasson new Rieder added to his line Draisaitl has posted a CF% of 55, 51, 67 and 48.

I know four games are a small sample size, but with new line mates, Draisaitl is driving the play, oh, and those last four games were against good teams too.

It really depends on the line mates.

Bennett without Brouwer or Hathaway makes him better :laugh:

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

I said he's having a terrible season thus far. He's actually been pretty good 5v5 throughout his career.

However, it is quite scary and worrisome how bad he's been away from McDavid since 2016-17:

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Pool Party is also 2 years younger than Bennet. So while Bennet is an actual bust PP has a couple more years to go to reach actual bust status. He is just trending that way:)

Clearly haven't been following Bennett this year but he's been spectacular. He's tied for 15th in the NHL in individual high danger scoring chances (only 3 behind the leader) and has the 3rd lowest amount of ice time out of anyone in front of him. He's also 19th in the entire NHL in individual expected Goals For per 60 minutes (ixGF/60) @ 1.15. His scoring chance rates and high danger chance rates are also spectacular whereas Puljujarvi's (I actually like JP) are very, very poor.

In short, Bennett has had a spectacular season 5v5 thus far and is very snake-bitten but if he continues playing as great as he has, his puck luck will normalize as the season goes on.

At least know your facts before posting

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Clearly haven't been following Bennett this year but he's been spectacular. He's tied for 15th in the NHL in individual high danger scoring chances (only 3 behind the leader) and has the 3rd lowest amount of ice time out of anyone in front of him. He's also 19th in the entire NHL in individual expected Goals For per 60 minutes (ixGF/60) @ 1.15. His scoring chance rates and high danger chance rates are also spectacular whereas Puljujarvi's (I actually like JP) are very, very poor.

In short, Bennett has had a spectacular season 5v5 thus far and is very snake-bitten but if he continues playing as great as he has, his puck luck will normalize as the season goes on.

At least know your facts before posting
I'll believe it when I see it from Bennett. He had a very high ixGF/60 last season too and it didn't translate to goals. At some point it's not being snake bitten, its poor finishing ability.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Lmaooooooo

Well this post is hilarious.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well this post is hilarious.
I mean Draisaitl had a slow start like he often does, but he's been a dominant force for the past 6 games or so. This is why early season takes on this site are hilarious. Different players heat up and struggle at different points in a season, and right now Drai is heating up.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I mean Draisaitl had a slow start like he often does, but he's been a dominant force for the past 6 games or so. This is why early season takes on this site are hilarious. Different players heat up and struggle at different points in a season, and right now Drai is heating up.
Draisaitl had a slow start by his standards and yet he was still a PPG player.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t think so, Edmonton duo’s bigger by a fair margain Calgary might win, but definitely wouldn’t destroy.

Lol Bennett is a goon. He would beat up both Drais and Pulju at the same time. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->