A BB in my new stick??!?

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
So i just picked up a Bauer Vapor XVI on clearance from an online retailer. However when I got the stick, it sounds as if there is a BB or something rolling around inside the stick. I removed the cap and tried to shake it out but nothing, its almost as if its trapped inside somewhere. Its pretty damn annoying i must say, I can't hear it while I'm playing, but if i pick it up or move it you can def hear it. Anybody experience anything like this? Did I get a bunk stick?

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
im assuming its a ops, its probably a piece of fiberglass, it probably is just getting caught on something and if you keep trying you can probably shake it until it comes outlol

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Well if you can't notice it while playing you are good to go right?

I get this sometimes because I use a two piece and piece of glue is rattling around in the shaft.

They do glue one piece sticks like a two piece unless it is a true one piece and it may be a small pellet of glue in there that came loose. They use a glue that has higher heat up temp to melt it. Maybe you could heat the shaft up with a heat gun so if it is glue it will stick to something and stop rattling.

Just a thought. Not sure what else you can do but deal with it otherwise.

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
yeah you guys were probably right, piece of glue or fiberglass probably. I played with the stick at a stick n puck session for about 2 hours last night and now the noise is gone. Must of finally broke free...no problems with the stick either, loving it.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
yeah you guys were probably right, piece of glue or fiberglass probably. I played with the stick at a stick n puck session for about 2 hours last night and now the noise is gone. Must of finally broke free...no problems with the stick either, loving it.

That is good to hear, your post made me think of my aluminum shafts I used for 10 years or so in the 90s. Those things were cool but any debis inside and it would make a high pitched metallic rattle sound until it was emptied out.

I stuffed the shaft with lightweight polyester pillow fill with those because they sounded pingy to begin with. it deadened the sound and also helped with feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: