9k pump skates

Green Giant

Apr 3, 2007
I bought a pair of 9k skates a year ago and one of the pumps just broke (the air blows out of the chamber). Does somebody know if this can be fixed, and how much it costs. Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
wow didnt know they had these

my skates are the original CCM Tacks with Reebok Pump........didnt know they still made the skates with this feature. are these made by Reebok only?

every time i bring them in for a sharpening the guys laugh about them.

great pair of skates.........and the last ones ill ever own i hope.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
my skates are the original CCM Tacks with Reebok Pump........didnt know they still made the skates with this feature. are these made by Reebok only?

every time i bring them in for a sharpening the guys laugh about them.

great pair of skates.........and the last ones ill ever own i hope.

CCM was bought out by Reebok (Rbk) a few years ago. Rbk's first skate line featured The Pump on two of their top three models (9k and 5k). This is the second year they have made them.

I have not heard about the pump breaking often. Sorry to hear about that man. Call Rbk anyway and see if they will do something.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I was warned of it when I bought my 8k's back in August. It was enough to get me to go with the 8k's over the 5k pumps. I guess it was pretty common.

You might have better luck taking them back to the shop you bought them from. They've probably seen it before and might be able to tell you how to get them fixed.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I was warned of it when I bought my 8k's back in August. It was enough to get me to go with the 8k's over the 5k pumps. I guess it was pretty common.

You might have better luck taking them back to the shop you bought them from. They've probably seen it before and might be able to tell you how to get them fixed.

I honestly have no idea why Rbk discontinued the 8k. It's a great skate and a lot of players didn't trust the Pump but liked the overall construction of the skate. Maybe their fears were warranted.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
What did you do to them?

I've had mine for a year now, I play on them 4-5 times a week and they're still going strong. Another girl on my team has had them for 2+ years and have never had a problem.

Two guys on the WHL Tigers use them and again, no problems...

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I honestly have no idea why Rbk discontinued the 8k. It's a great skate and a lot of players didn't trust the Pump but liked the overall construction of the skate. Maybe their fears were warranted.

I agree. I really like the 8k's and I can do without the pump. Maybe they want people who don't want the pump to buy a CCM.

I've been impressed with the 8k. I got a great deal on them but still had some reservations being a Reebok skate and all. Those were put to rest once I got them to the rink and hit the ice.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
What did you do to them?

I've had mine for a year now, I play on them 4-5 times a week and they're still going strong. Another girl on my team has had them for 2+ years and have never had a problem.

Two guys on the WHL Tigers use them and again, no problems...

I was told the issue was the air bladder would move and disconnect from the air line. RBK added some extra sticthing around the bladded to keep it from moving.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Never had an issue with any of the rbk's i have sold, or my own pair of 7k's.

"CCM was bought out by Reebok (Rbk) a few years ago. Rbk's first skate line featured The Pump on two of their top three models (9k and 5k). This is the second year they have made them.

I have not heard about the pump breaking often. Sorry to hear about that man. Call Rbk anyway and see if they will do something."

This is actually incorrect. The first line featured no skates with the Pump. The second line did, and also featured the skates with no Pump. In this year's line, all of the top end skates have the Pump. The two low end skates do not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->