97's vs 96's

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Lets say that DAY gets ES, how does this year's first 2 rounds of picks compare to last year's 2 rounds?

im gunna rank it on birth year rather than if day gets es or not

i think its really close but tough to tell as 96's have been in the ohl already for a year.

tough to gauge for me butit seems there arn't many impact 96's in the league making serious contirbutions other that ekblad, mckeowen, clarke and dal colle.

the 97 crop looks very deep and skilled + mcdavid and his play so ill give the nod to them for now.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
im gunna rank it on birth year rather than if day gets es or not

i think its really close but tough to tell as 96's have been in the ohl already for a year.

tough to gauge for me butit seems there arn't many impact 96's in the league making serious contirbutions other that ekblad, mckeowen, clarke and dal colle.

the 97 crop looks very deep and skilled + mcdavid and his play so ill give the nod to them for now.

Torts don't put too much stock into this season, the players were still adjusting. I think the 96 class is pretty strong, it will be a better draft year for the OHL next season. There are other players that have made impact that you forgot to mention like Bennett and Watson. They made significant impact for Kingston, riding the first line pretty much all year. Ho-sang showed impact on Windsor. McCann had a good campaign as well as Fabbri and Salituro coming along nicely. Perlini is going to be a strong one. I feel he can really impact the game, really waiting for him to get the minutes, then you will see him flourish.

But yeah I do agree that its tough to compare them especially because the 97's haven't played in the OHL yet. I would like to wait until the 97 NHL draft year before evaluation especially because more 96's will be in the OHL next season.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Torts don't put too much stock into this season, the players were still adjusting. I think the 96 class is pretty strong, it will be a better draft year for the OHL next season. There are other players that have made impact that you forgot to mention like Bennett and Watson. They made significant impact for Kingston, riding the first line pretty much all year. Ho-sang showed impact on Windsor. McCann had a good campaign as well as Fabbri and Salituro coming along nicely. Perlini is going to be a strong one. I feel he can really impact the game, really waiting for him to get the minutes, then you will see him flourish.

But yeah I do agree that its tough to compare them especially because the 97's haven't played in the OHL yet. I would like to wait until the 97 NHL draft year before evaluation especially because more 96's will be in the OHL next season.

Fair enough, my opinion only came from that last year it seemed that the 95's were more integral parts of every team had more set roles with the clubs. Ex: Domi, Horvat, Nurse, Harper, Yuill, Dickinson, Garlent, Vlakjov, Nosad, Ritchie, Bigras, etc...

Guess it made a little too high of expectations for the 96 draft class. Only time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00