News Article: 97.1 talks about Hronek

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Depends on how much he improved his defense. He still has some work to do in that area.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
Depends on how much he improved his defense. He still has some work to do in that area.

I agree, but it is really encouraging how much better defensively he is now compared to exactly one year ago. Even if he doesn't improve from here on out I still think he is capable of anchoring a second pairing. But he's like 22, so he should still have some development left.

I think it's too early to say if we have a true #1 defenseman in the system, but with modest expectations for Seider, Cholo, Hronek, and McIsaac plus whatever Yzerman drafts/signs/trades over the next couple years there is probably enough talent there to build defense similar to the NY Islanders, no #1 but a deep top 4 of #2/3's

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
the Wings took Smith before Hronek

if you wanna change reality to fit your narrative then pretty much every trade ever looks worse than it is

Yes, in a world where they had 3 picks they took Smith, which was an utter waste of a pick, but, the best possible outcome with the 2 picks Detroit had, and a REALISTIC one, is Detroit could have had both.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Been saying this for a while now. His progression has been practically linear while moving leagues and up the ranks since his D year. He just takes each new lesson, masters it, and moves on. Has two-way no. 1 upside for sure.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Hronek is going to be our number one dman. I predict a future of 50+ points from him, he's that good.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
fb083ae2fdb085053e8f76f946db3de5.jpg

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Cholowski continues to be underrated. He has skyrocketed past Chychrun imo.

Seider, Cholowski and Hronek are world calibur for their age group imo. Other fanbases would be less conservative about their expectations for the group moving forward I think.
I think that’s a pretty big exaggeration. Their age group has guys like Werenski, Makar, McAvoy, Provorov, Chabot, Heiskanen etc... long way to go for our guys to be anywhere near the above. Granted most of those guys are a year or two older, but still need a solid chunk of development from Cholo and Hronek for them to be in the same category as those guys. Seider is brand new so can’t say much about him - he’s definitely the most promising of the bunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
I think that’s a pretty big exaggeration. Their age group has guys like Klingberg, Werenski, Makar, McAvoy, Provorov, Chabot, Heiskanen etc... long way to go for our guys to be anywhere near the above. Granted most of those guys are a year or two older, but still need a solid chunk of development from Cholo and Hronek for them to be in the same category as those guys. Seider is brand new so can’t say much about him - he’s definitely the most promising of the bunch.

I agree with that list. But I would also point out that it's a pretty short list.

Hronek has better defensive coverage mobility than a lot of those guys. Cholowski's vision and IQ is nearly unmatched imo. I think our two guys also compare favorably to that list when it comes to consistency/fluctuation in play style, which is where my confidence in their ability to rack up EXP points moving forward, compared to their piers comes into play. Werenski and Provorov can tend to be a bit binary as strong puck tenders, and Chabot and Klingberg can get a bit loopy, etc

That's a great list for comparison though. All of those guys are dealing/have dealt with some bumps and lags in their development, carrying a heavy load as young players. That time is certainly on the horizon for our guys.

Cholowski's legs probably won't hold up all year, and Hronek will probably get dunked by some tidal waves as other teams get sharper and more desperate at the end of the year. I'd say not everyone on that more proven list is going to make it to the other side of their development curve unscathed, so I realize I'm out on a limb expecting our guys to be immune, but from what I've seen from 17 and 21, they have as good of a shot as anybody to be trendsetters ahead of the curve as opposed to guys that fall back to the pack as their careers settle in.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I think that’s a pretty big exaggeration. Their age group has guys like Werenski, Makar, McAvoy, Provorov, Chabot, Heiskanen etc... long way to go for our guys to be anywhere near the above. Granted most of those guys are a year or two older, but still need a solid chunk of development from Cholo and Hronek for them to be in the same category as those guys. Seider is brand new so can’t say much about him - he’s definitely the most promising of the bunch.
Those guys you've listed are all busts compared to Hronek. He is Giordano on steroids in the making.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I agree with that list. But I would also point out that it's a pretty short list.

Hronek has better defensive coverage mobility than a lot of those guys. Cholowski's vision and IQ is nearly unmatched imo. I think our two guys also compare favorably to that list when it comes to consistency/fluctuation in play style, which is where my confidence in their ability to rack up EXP points moving forward, compared to their piers comes into play. Werenski and Provorov can tend to be a bit binary as strong puck tenders, and Chabot and Klingberg can get a bit loopy, etc

That's a great list for comparison though. All of those guys are dealing/have dealt with some bumps and lags in their development, carrying a heavy load as young players. That time is certainly on the horizon for our guys.

Cholowski's legs probably won't hold up all year, and Hronek will probably get dunked by some tidal waves as other teams get sharper and more desperate at the end of the year. I'd say not everyone on that more proven list is going to make it to the other side of their development curve unscathed, so I realize I'm out on a limb expecting our guys to be immune, but from what I've seen from 17 and 21, they have as good of a shot as anybody to be trendsetters ahead of the curve as opposed to guys that fall back to the pack as their careers settle in.
Hronek hasn't missed a game due to injury since he came to NA more than 3 seasons ago.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad