Prospect Info: 95th overall (2017): Vancouver selects D Jack Rathbone | Will he sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
“Undersized defender with good vision, high-end skating ability and grit. Very elusive and uses his shiftiness to move pucks out of his zone and to the attack, which he will hop in on. His low center of gravity give him the ability to cannonball opponents and knock them off the puck.” – Bill Placzek, www.draftsite.com

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Jack-Rathbone.jpg

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
First pick I feel meh about.

But if this is a Brackett guy I have no problem giving leeway since he's proven me wrong before.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Looks like a tiny dman.

Not a fan of the last 2 selections.. he seems to have taken the high risk good reward route with them... or actively drafting to solidify the AHL team.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
First pick I feel meh about.

But if this is a Brackett guy I have no problem giving leeway since he's proven me wrong before.

Pretty much.

Knew we were going to take a defender, figured he would probably be from the US.

Willing to give Brackett the benefit of the doubt about someone I know nothing about.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Jack Rathbone

http://thehockeywriters.com/jack-rathbone-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

The son of former Boston College forward Jason Rathbone, Cape Cod Whalers defenseman Jack Rathbone is set to make a name for himself. Committed to play at Harvard next season, the smooth-skating Rathbone is poised to be selected in the middle rounds of the 2017 NHL Draft.

After sitting out nearly four weeks with a concussion, Rathbone returned to his prep team, Dexter School, in February and scored the game-winner during his first game back. A bit undersized, Rathbone will need to bulk up to compete effectively as he moves up in levels the next few seasons.

Known for his swift skating style, Rathbone makes up for a lack of size with speed and defensive grit. He passes with precision and consistently pushes teammates in transition. Rathbone utilizes his mobility to elude fore-checkers and create offensive chances for himself and teammates. His patience for allowing plays to develop underscores his advanced hockey IQ.“

Undersized defender with good vision, high-end skating ability and grit. Very elusive and uses his shiftiness to move pucks out of his zone and to the attack, which he will hop in on. His low center of gravity give him the ability to cannonball opponents and knock them off the puck.

there's nothing about him on youtube

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/all-usa...e-returns-from-concussion-to-lead-dexter-mass

But his more complete play in the defensive zone is what has impressed talent evaluators.

“It’s something I’ve been focusing on, becoming a more complete 200 foot player,” he said. “All of my coaches, my dad, anyone who has been helping me playing prep school as an underclassmen and going to practice and going to battle with older guys every day forces me to be become stronger and more detail-oriented in my own zone. That helped me. I owe it a lot to my coaches at Dexter for helping me become as complete a player as possible. My decision making and overall paying attention to the little details in the defensive zone are two of the things I’ve worked on.”

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sorry I can't get mad at a person named ****ing RATHBONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad