95 - Movie about the gold

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Wow. I finally rented it. It is corny and tries too much to makes a lot of small stories in a short time. Should have focused more on the hockey and maybe ONE side storyline.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Very embarrassing film. Too many storylines, corny as hell and I thought that the cameos by the actual players were at times distracting and they were one of the worst extras I've seen. Film tries to be serious and funny at the same time and doesn't balance those two well. Just a very annoying film altogether.

Like mattihp said, focus on fewer storylines. Have like max three major storylines. One following the coach and the team itself, one following Finnish public with people struggling with recession and having negative expectations of the future (maybe focus on the barkeeper and gloomy customers, just cast someone else than Roope Salminen) and one plotline following that Swedish lady who was organising the party for the Swedish team (I thought it was the only interesting plotline but they rushed the ending). Or just focus on the team and how they came together under the coach's guidance.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The swedish actors except for Curre were also quite underwhelming. Maybe they're usually better, but their performances were equal or worse than what I have seen from amateurs in school projects.

It felt like 15% was about the team. Nothing was outstanding, but those 15% were the least crappy scenes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->