93rd Overall - Tristan Lennox, Goalie

scott99

May 13, 2005
Honestly, I like this pick as well. Most had him as an early to mid 3rd round pick. Big goalie 6’4” who’s athletic. We really don’t have any decent goalie prospects. I was looking at Gadreau for us at 52, so I’m happy with Lennox at 93. Good pick. Unfortunately Skarek doesn’t seem like he’s gonna be anything special, and not sure about the goalie we picked in 2020.

scott99

May 13, 2005
The Hockey News didn’t have him in the top 100, Draft Pro had him at #65 and FC had him at #95. And as you can see on the first post, LWOS had him at 87. I know it’s only 2 picks so far, but the Islanders haven’t made any wacky picks so far, I like it.

Reactions: Islander Class

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
The Hockey News didn’t have him in the top 100, Draft Pro had him at #65 and FC had him at #95. And as you can see on the first post, LWOS had him at 87. I know it’s only 2 picks so far, but the Islanders haven’t made any wacky picks so far, I like it.

This is seeming like Wahlstrom and Dobson - don’t overthink things. Granted the likelihood is neither of our picks this year contribute as much as Wahlstrom and Dobson, but I do like that we are taking more risks for potentially greater rewards.

Reactions: danteipp

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
Looks good in net, prototypical size/athleticism. Loves Brodeur. Good pick.

scott99

May 13, 2005
This is seeming like Wahlstrom and Dobson - don’t overthink things. Granted the likelihood is neither of our picks this year contribute as much as Wahlstrom and Dobson, but I do like that we are taking more risks for potentially greater rewards.
I actually like the pick a lot. Not overthinking at all.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He seems to have all the physical/athletic tools and will hopefully benefit from working with probably the best goalie coaches in the business to clean up whatever he needs work on.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He should be the #1G this year for Saginaw. Isles are not deep in Goaltending past Sorokin and Varly. Tristian is going to be a long range prospect. Maybe 2-3 years down the line. Preseason stats are 40min, 2 goals allowed. I know Raty has stolen the spot light early on, maybe Lennox can get some of that with a good developmental year in the OHL. First game on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->