Player Discussion #93 - Sam Bennett

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Imagine combining Bennett’s #Intangibles with Gaudreau’s skill, what a player that would be. Oh wait, that player is Tkachuk.

Who is... Elias Lindholm?
Dammit.

Things I wasn't expecting this season for 500, Alex?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Hopefully Bennett can have a big game with Tkachuk on Thursday.

I feel if Benny got some confidence in his offensive game he could be really solid since he has been playing really good this year. He just seems to f*** his shot up at every moment.

Reactions: Nanuuk

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'm actually excited to see Bennett back on his off-wing. We have seen it in small spurts before...I think one of his best qualities is to cut to the middle of the ice and release, hopefully he starts to pot some and gets some mojo back

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I think with Bennett at this point, what you see is what you get. After this contract is up his role can pretty easily be filled by guys with legitimate top six potential who are on their ELC. Hell, by next year, Hathaway will probably be a decent Bennett replacement.

Sucks that he couldn't figure it out at the NHL level but you've gotta let bygones be bygones at this point. Every other bottom-sixer in the NHL can basically play to Bennett's level and essentially replicate his game. Not worth holding onto, the upside is just flat out not there.

#NeverForget

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
He's heating up right now. Tkachuk is probably the best playmaker he's ever had so that should serve him well.
Tkachuk is definitely the best player he’s had since Backs (and Matty is better than Backs imo). I think Benny and Tkachuk are a match made in heaven... not like posters here called for that for 2 years with GG as coach

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Tkachuk is definitely the best player he’s had since Backs (and Matty is better than Backs imo). I think Benny and Tkachuk are a match made in heaven... not like posters here called for that for 2 years with GG as coach

Tkachuk-Bennett-X was actually a line and those two showed some chemsitry for Tkachuk being a rookie with 0-5 games of NHL experience.

Unfortunately the "X" was Troy Brouwer. Imagine if it were Tkachuk-Bennett-Versteeg instead, or Tkachuk-Bennett-Ferland. The kid's whole career arc might have gone another way.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Tkachuk-Bennett-X was actually a line and those two showed some chemsitry for Tkachuk being a rookie with 0-5 games of NHL experience.

Unfortunately the "X" was Troy Brouwer. Imagine if it were Tkachuk-Bennett-Versteeg instead, or Tkachuk-Bennett-Ferland. The kid's whole career arc might have gone another way.

Your excuses are getting old but funny. Imagine if my mom bought me a computer, I'd have been Bill Gates....lol

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If Bennett can stay consistent in his game and stays on the 2nd line with Tkachuk I can see him settling in offensively and finishing the season with 40+ points.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Love this kid right now, on the season, he's been my favorite flame. And that's saying a lot with some of the talent on this roster. Keep it up buddy...I don't care if he's a career 40ish point guy if he plays the way he is now, he's a huge boost to this club.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree with Elliott saying not moving Bennett may end up being Treliving’s best move. Bennett plays the game the right way and like Tkachuk, he pulls his teammates into the game. When he nails a Nurse or fights a Trouba, how do you not get fired up over that? He’s playing with the right guys, a defensive stud in Backlund who’s added a chippy element to his game as well. And a star in the making in Tkachuk, who’s an elite pest and hockey talent. Tkachuk is who Bennett should be modelling his game after so he’s a great guy for him to play with.

I feel very confident that Bennett will end up as a Zibanejad, Turris or Schenn caliber of player. He’s the perfect compliment to our 2nd line. No one can say this year he hasn’t earned 2nd line minutes, he has and he’s thriving. Good on Sam, he deserves heaps of praise.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's now on pace to have his best season since his rookie season.

Love how he's playing. He's letting his linemates work with him (well, easier to do now that he actually has linemates), and he's playing his game. Love the toughness, the speed and the hands.

I think 3-4 years from now, we'll all be laughing about how much some people on the board wanted this kids' head.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would be comfortable giving Bennett a contract around 6 or 7 years at $5 million per at this point. He's been our most valuable player out there some games this year. Happy to see him finally get some breaks going his way.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would be comfortable giving Bennett a contract around 6 or 7 years at $5 million per at this point. He's been our most valuable player out there some games this year. Happy to see him finally get some breaks going his way.

I think a deal slightly less than Lindholm’s is more than fair for everyone. I’d do 6 years at 4.5 per.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I think a deal slightly less than Lindholm’s is more than fair for everyone. I’d do 6 years at 4.5 per.

I still can't believe we got Lindy for 4.85 for the next six years. Taking his contract into consideration you're probably in the closer ballpark. Who knows though with Tre, he might get him for 6 years at 4 the way he negotiates.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad