92-0? How?

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
That goes back to what I said earlier about bad blood. There was a bit of a revenge factor in that game.

It's possible because it was a top team against 15 scrubs who never played a game together prior to that day. Imagine taking 15 random posters from here and putting them on the field with Georgia and giving the Bulldogs a reason to not let up.

I was pointing out that the numbers don't add up.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The Riverains of the Quebec Midget AAA Hockey League once beat the French Junior National Team 14-1.

They had many 20 years olds.

I know, because I played in the game and scored two goals. That's about a tenth of all the goals I scored pass Bantam. Our best forward didn't play as this was offseason and the guy was headed to the Q, and our team was generally young.

We showed pity in the third by cycling the puck way more we had to...We scored I believe it 7 goals in the first and 5 in the second.

They had no skill with their sticks. Some of them skated pretty good. And the thing to me that stood out the most was their puck hogging and lack of defense against passing.

I talked to a French player after the game and he told me that most hockey coaches in France are not even fans of the game and know very little about it. They are just people put there by the cities who organise the teams. He also told me that they often play on ice with wrong or absent lines.

The guy in question would later move to Quebec and now owns a ski equipment store somewhere on the north shore. I still talk to him.

Now imagine being a hockey player in THAILAND. The only ice Thai people see are the cubes in their glasses.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Why even bother with the sport if you cant even skate or do anything with a puck?

I read quite a few posts back about the fact that these division II teams cant even skate and fall all over the place . You would have to be falling all over the place like a new-b skater to let South Korea score 92 goals.

I'm wondering how they picked the players?

I guess the moral of this score is to find people who can play hockey before you try to enter international play?

I bet these guys needed real skaters to drag them off the ice for a reasonable time period for line changes so the game wouldnt take too long. Imagine that? having to be dragged off the ice because you cant get back to the bench for a line change. lol

SlowShot

Aug 19, 2007
My friends hockey team beat one of New Zelands hockey team 34-2. To bad when their rugby team came over they beat them 105-0

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was pointing out that the numbers don't add up.

What doesn't add up?

They rushed for 978 yards on 28 carries to score 20 TDs. Then added 12 more TDs on Special Teams and defense to account for the 32 TDs.

But they did miss on 2 Extra Points... so it was only 222 points.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
It doesn't add up because you are not looking at it properly. Cumberland didn't have -988 yards, they had -42. Tech didn't have 40 TDs, they had 20. Cumberland didn't throw 43 INTs, they had 6.

I dont know how the -988 was ever brought up but...

Look at the Georgia Tech passing record zero passes thrown. Thats funny, the loosing QB who got beat 222-0 has a better passer rating then the winning one dispite being 2 for 18 and a grand total of 14 yards.

I think tho back then you couldnt throw the ball, I think you had to pitch it before the line of scrimmage (forward lateral) and the only way to advance the ball was to move it while it was in your hands.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
I dont know how the -988 was ever brought up but...

It was brought up by the poster to whom I was replying.

I'm having trouble understanding that stat page. 27 rushing attempts for -988 yards? How is that possible? GT had 28 rushing attempts and 40 rushing TD's? Cumberland had 14 passing attempts, but 43 interceptions? Then on turnovers it only says 15. Either way, I would kill someone if I was apart of either team.

Look at the Georgia Tech passing record zero passes thrown. Thats funny, the loosing QB who got beat 222-0 has a better passer rating then the winning one dispite being 2 for 18 and a grand total of 14 yards.

I think tho back then you couldnt throw the ball, I think you had to pitch it before the line of scrimmage (forward lateral) and the only way to advance the ball was to move it while it was in your hands.

They didn't throw the ball because they had absolutely no reason to do so.

Juicy Couturier*

I played on a peewee AAA team back about 13 years ago and we went down to georgia for the national championship toruny and lost on friday in the second round. We didnt have plane tickets home until monday (hoping to make it to the finals). A Georgia varsity team had an open ice slot sunday afternoon and asked us to play them, we beat them 16-3. We were all in 6th or 7th grade and 11 or 12 years old while these kids were anywhere from 15-18 year old high school kids. Embarrassed they were.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
It doesn't add up because you are not looking at it properly. Cumberland didn't have -988 yards, they had -42. Tech didn't have 40 TDs, they had 20. Cumberland didn't throw 43 INTs, they had 6.

Either I am a complete moron, or the Wikipedia page has since been edited because it seems fine now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My friends hockey team beat one of New Zelands hockey team 34-2. To bad when their rugby team came over they beat them 105-0

34-2 in hockey is more impressive than 105-0 in rugby though. Do you know what New Zealand team it was?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Either I am a complete moron, or the Wikipedia page has since been edited because it seems fine now.

It has been edited. I saw the same weird stats that didn't add up when I looked at it before too. I definitely remember the 43 interceptions, but many fewer turnovers in the original "stats."

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
something still doesnt seem right. They scored on 50% of their shots, and they took 170+ of them! I am sure a lot of these were total garbage shots as well. It almost appears as if it was an orchestrated effort to make the most lopsided effort possible, but I am just trying to fathom this, I think a shooter tutor would yield something better than a 50% save percentage with a team in front of it. Something's rotten in denmark here.

Famous Flames

Feb 16, 2004
Dallas
I really don't see how this could happen either. I've played in plenty of games where teams were horribly outmatched, but this still seems impossible.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Now, I think of it..

When I played organized hockey, six years ago, our team was mediocre. literally. BUT. our worst loss was of 27-0 (45-minute games, so that's 36 goals over a 60-minute game).

We would always be in the defensive zone, trying to stop the opponent. If we were lucky enough, we'd get a presence in the offensive zone per game, and if we were even luckier, we'd get a shot on goal (no kidding).

now I can't even think of how bad a team could be to lose 92-0

Hockeynomad

Sep 10, 2007
Toronto
That means that even with a two-man advantage, Thailand would probably still be scored upon at least once in two-minute time span.

Couldn't they import some Thai-Canadians from the GTA?

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Now, I think of it..

When I played organized hockey, six years ago, our team was mediocre. literally. BUT. our worst loss was of 27-0 (45-minute games, so that's 36 goals over a 60-minute game).

We would always be in the defensive zone, trying to stop the opponent. If we were lucky enough, we'd get a presence in the offensive zone per game, and if we were even luckier, we'd get a shot on goal (no kidding).

now I can't even think of how bad a team could be to lose 92-0

How does a team get even beat 27-0?

Do you know how to skate? Did you want to win?

I'm not even close to an NHL goalie bit I have played with a few former pro and semi pro players and I never gave up more then 8 in a game. I dont understand how a goalie gives up 27 or 92...

To even give up 27 you would have to have no concept of hockey or just no be able to skate at all, thats the only way you give up that much.

Its like the Ducks from the first movie vs the Wings. "keep on swinging mabe you will catch a cold"

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
How does a team get even beat 27-0?

Do you know how to skate? Did you want to win?

I'm not even close to an NHL goalie bit I have played with a few former pro and semi pro players and I never gave up more then 8 in a game. I dont understand how a goalie gives up 27 or 92...

To even give up 27 you would have to have no concept of hockey or just no be able to skate at all, thats the only way you give up that much.

Its like the Ducks from the first movie vs the Wings. "keep on swinging mabe you will catch a cold"

Even if I were Bob Gainey, I couldn't be everywhere on the ice at the same time. It was my first year playing organized hockey. I wasn't really good, but still one of the better players on the team.

EDIT: I wasn't the goaltender.

Piokinen

Mar 20, 2008
I saw once a game that ended 46-0.
The explanation for the result in that game was this:

Facoff-Win -> Center skates around the outpositioned defence that can hardly stand on their skates -> shoots -> scores = unassisted goal.

But if you look at this you´ll find out that this game was faked:

U18 Asian and Oceanic Junior Championship,
15. - 21. 3. 1998, Harbin, China
Japan - Thailand 58:0 (17:0, 21:0, 20:0)
Korea - New Zealand 28:0
China - Australia 10:1
Japan - New Zealand 38:0
Korea - Australia 22:1
China - Thailand 31:0
Australia - Thailand 24:1 (5:0, 12:1, 7:0)
China - New Zealand 26:0 (5:0, 14:0, 7-0)
Japan - Korea 2:2 (1:1, 1:0, 0:1)
New Zealand - Thailand 12:2
Japan - Australia 25:0
Korea - China 4:1
Korea - Thailand 92:0 (35:0, 24:0, 32:0)
Australia - New Zealand 15:2 (6:1, 4:0, 6:1)
Japan - China 7:1 (1:1, 5:0, 4:0)

Final Ranking
1. Korea 5 4 1 0 146: 4 9
2. Japan 5 4 1 0 130: 3 9
3. China 5 3 0 2 69: 12 6
4. Australia 5 2 0 3 42: 60 4
5. New Zealand 5 1 0 4 14:110 2
6. Thailand 5 0 0 5 3:217 0

Korea had to win the last game by a margin of 80+ goals against Thailand to put Japan behind them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->