GDT: #9| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | October 27th | 1:00 PM | F/W 6-1

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
Way to go Eberle for sticking up for Matty. Also how tf did we get a penalty

Ebs got a penalty for trying to start something after a clean hit. As much as I like to see Ebs sticking up for his teammates, that's a clean hockey hit and he delayed the game for essentially no reason. He deserves the penalty, Barzy needs to keep his head up.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Awesome hit from Provorov, thank god Barzal seems ok. Nice shorthanded play from Mayfield also, good kill.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Ebs got a penalty for trying to start something after a clean hit. As much as I like to see Ebs sticking up for his teammates, that's a clean hockey hit and he delayed the game for essentially no reason. He deserves the penalty, Barzy needs to keep his head up.
Ebs did exactly the right thing. Doesn't mean the hit wasn't clean, it was. Doesn't matter. You have to respond when your best player gets crushed. Good period all the way around.

Reactions: Hagstrom

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nice hit by Provorov, but an even better kill by the Isles.

This is a Flyers team that is down in the dumps. Can’t let them back in like they did with Florida.

If the defense can be more involved offensively, this team will be able to score goals. I hope we see some help from The Bridge in that department at some point.

That is all.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Yeah it caused a penalty, but sticking up for your star player is also important.

The PK backed them up.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
1. It was a clean hit
2. Eberle/Beauvillier did the right thing
3. The most important thing is they killed the penalty and Barzal is ok

One extra note here is that the refs also called that right. Eberle deserves a penalty there and I hate when the refs try to even that up. Clean hit, Eberle is delaying the game. Should be a power play 10 times out of 10 in that situation.

Reactions: Jester9881

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Been watching the Flyers feed. I like Keith Jones in the NBCSN studio. but as a color man. ugh. I'm falling asleep. Not that the Flyers play gave him much to be excited about. But still, pretty ho-hum.

Reactions: Finnislander

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Philly still sucks, surprisingly bad because they have talent.
Yeah man, still a lot of game to play, but geez, talk about less than the sum of their parts. They look terrible. And you're right, a ton of talent.

I lived in Philly for four years in college and there is not a tougher sports town. They're gonna run Hakstol out on a rail if it doesn't turn around soon.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah man, still a lot of game to play, but geez, talk about less than the sum of their parts. They look terrible. And you're right, a ton of talent.

I lived in Philly for four years in college and there is not a tougher sports town. They're gonna run Hakstol out on a rail if it doesn't turn around soon.

They are a prime candidate for firing their coach and then going on a huge run because of all that talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->