9 goals in first period of Sens and Hawks game (15 total in game)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
And I would counter that guys do “stuff that was unheard of with the puck” because they have zero worries about getting drilled. I’m wondering how long it takes until skating with your head down is the norm.

I agree with this. It's starting to be Disney on ice out there.

Reactions: cliffclaven

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Looks like the shoe fits...

If the price of reducing concussions in the game is fancier play, that's a "sacrifice" I'm willing to make any day.

What's wrong with the UFC? It's compelling. Just like Jarome Iginla taking off his bucket to settle a score.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
What's wrong with the UFC? It's compelling. Just like Jarome Iginla taking off his bucket to settle a score.

"The shoe fits" was aimed at you being called a dinosaur, and the insinuation that dinosaurs watch UFC. It was just a light humoured jab.

However there is one problem with UFC, which is the same problem boxing has. You're cheering someone on towards giving the other guy brain damage. It's a shame, because I do appreciate a good fight. But the cost of my entertainment to the athletes is quite high. Too high in many cases.

However in hockey, I can be entertained by other things such as non-concussion giving bodychecks and fancy plays. I don't need Scott Stevens intentionally ending players' careers to have fun. Nor do I want to see more ex-players end their lives due to concussion related depression.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
High scoring game, but what seals the win for Chicago was a great defensive play by Keith in the final seconds to prevent the tying goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad