GDT: [#9] Dallas Stars @ Pittsburgh Penguins, 6:00PM CST (FS-SW, ESPN+) - Hot vs not

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If they played like this to start the season we'd be in a just fine position. Too late to be letting these slip away though

Another game that they should win based on how they played and they give it away

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Well I’m done watching this team for the year unless they majorly turn it around. This is pathetic and they don’t deserve to have people watch this garbage. Blow this team up.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pavelski was fine tonight. We are so f***ing unlucky on these deflections though. Puck just happens to hit the skate blade of Murray and go off the post

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also Sekera is signficantly worse than Polak. Polak doesn't try fancy stuff because he knows he's limited. Sekeras still thinks he has skill and he does not.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Pavelski was fine tonight. We are so ****ing unlucky on these deflections though. Puck just happens to hit the skate blade of Murray and go off the post
Making the deflection a primary offensive option is a terrible idea. It’s not like 25 of Pavelski’s goals came that way, yet the Stars seem to make that the only way to get him shots on goal.

Reactions: serp

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
We are seriously the St. Louis Blues when they beat us. Literally just get the puck on the perimeter, throw it at the net and pray it tips off of someone.

What a joke. I hope Gaglardi is embarrased because that's the only way change will happen.

Maybe he needs to tell Lites to call management horse shit.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't understand how anyone could think that kind of offense would work with this roster. Seguin and Radulov are basically neutered now and Benn is even worse. It also makes Klingberg completely ineffective.

Reactions: Abilify

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
We are seriously the St. Louis Blues when they beat us. Literally just get the puck on the perimeter, throw it at the net and pray it tips off of someone.

What a joke. I hope Gaglardi is embarrased because that's the only way change will happen.

Maybe he needs to tell Lites to call management horse ****.

Lites oversees hockeyoperations too (and I have been asking for a long time as to which idiot put him in that position) and calling out management in that manner would be the equivalent of incriminating yourself.

There is a toxic culture of self-preservation that prevails in the organization, and therefore what you want is never going to happen.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Lites oversees hockeyoperations too (and I have been asking for a long time as to which idiot put him in that position) and calling out management in that manner would be the equivalent of incriminating yourself.

There is a toxic culture of self-preservation that prevails in the organization, and therefore what you want is never going to happen.
yes, I agree completely... Gagliardi has been very patient with the management so far, but he needs to act as quickly and as radically as he can right now... Lites, Nill, McDonnell and Montgomery should be fired instantly... bring fresh blood

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah, all things considered they actually looked decent for 2/3 periods. However, moral victories are not helpful right now. I'm curious to see if significant core changes are on the horizon.

Even when they looked alright i think most of their scoring chances had not been very good because they play a very dumb offense. The team can't score enough the way they try to generate offense. They're scoring less than 2 goals a game . That never wins games.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Making the deflection a primary offensive option is a terrible idea. It’s not like 25 of Pavelski’s goals came that way, yet the Stars seem to make that the only way to get him shots on goal.

It was SJ plan and it worked for years. Burns became Burns b/c he admitted he needed to figure out how to get shots thru at Pavelski

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It was SJ plan and it worked for years. Burns became Burns b/c he admitted he needed to figure out how to get shots thru at Pavelski
The big difference between the successful SJ teams and this DAL team is that DAL doesn’t shoot the puck nearly as much as SJ. Pavelski isn’t going to get that many tip attempts or pucks to clean up off rebounds because this team has no offensive structure outside of chip and chase hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad