GDT: 9/28/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 7]

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Shattenkirk looks a lot more comfortable playing our style with our team. Witkowski probably played his best game so far. Verhaeghe was solid. He's played a lot of games this preseason but he's been super consistent throughout. Offensively he's put points on the board, and defensively he's taken care of business. So he's made a positive impression

Not really any bad performances. Gemel Smith is probably headed for Syracuse. He wasn't bad, I just don't think he did enough to get ahead of Witkowski, (Maroon-Paquette-Witkowski looks like a lock for our 4th line) or Verhaeghe. And Rutta was Rutta, but it doesn't really matter since he wasn't going to crack the top 6 anyway.

Overall, I think something to like is we played with a lot of physicality. And Shattenkirk when he becomes completely settled in will help drive some of our offense. So, we looked like we've addressed some weaknesses while still being the skilled team we are.

Good: Verhaeghe, Witko, Shattenkirk, Vasi
Bad: Killorn Rutta
Thanks! Hope Shattenkirk can keep this up into the season. Would be helpful.

Reactions: JFleegs and DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good: Verhaeghe, Witko, Shattenkirk, Vasi
Bad: Killorn Rutta

About the same for me.

Killer just looked stiff.

I'd also say Joseph looked pretty good. Thought Verhaeghe looked great. Our most dangerous player all night.

Reactions: JFleegs

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Shattenkirk surprised me. The combo of him and Sergachev actually wasn't too bad. o_O

Verhaeghe was awesome!! Joseph had some nice looks. Cirelli was downright dominant in the face off circle!

Killorn wasn't very effective. Still don't like Rutta that much compared to our other younglings.

Did go down to the Panthers' side for warmups with some friends with a sign for Stråls (who had an excellent night defensively, unfortunately for us). Took this pic before warmups. I'm the one in the middle. During the actual warmups, got a smile and a wave from him. :heart:
MissingStralsSept28Trimmed.jpg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Shattenkirk surprised me. The combo of him and Sergachev actually wasn't too bad. o_O

Verhaeghe was awesome!! Joseph had some nice looks. Cirelli was downright dominant in the face off circle!

Killorn wasn't very effective. Still don't like Rutta that much compared to our other younglings.

Did go down to the Panthers' side for warmups with some friends with a sign for Stråls (who had an excellent night defensively, unfortunately for us). Took this pic before warmups. I'm the one in the middle. During the actual warmups, got a smile and a wave from him. :heart:
MissingStralsSept28Trimmed.jpg

Children of the Apocolypse.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad