GDT: 9/28/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 7]

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
I am less impressed with Serge by the day. Think we can do Drouin part 2, electric bugaloo?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Why is it that we're playing those guys 5 times in a row (granted only two of them are in the regular season) but still, it's a lot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I am less impressed with Serge by the day. Think we can do Drouin part 2, electric bugaloo?

I thought he looked pretty good tonight. Not concerned with mistakes in the offensive zone so long as he's keeping our end clean.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
I thought he looked pretty good tonight. Not concerned with mistakes in the offensive zone so long as he's keeping our end clean.
DMan mistakes in the offensive zone tend to end with scoring chances for the other team

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
DMan mistakes in the offensive zone tend to end with scoring chances for the other team

Yeah, but those weren't the mistakes he was making tonight. I think there are reasons to be optimistic about him right now.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Agreed. He's not there yet at the player he could be, but from what I've seen these preseason games, he's still trending in the right direction.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Didn't catch the game, who looked good and who didn't?
Shattenkirk looks a lot more comfortable playing our style with our team. Witkowski probably played his best game so far. Verhaeghe was solid. He's played a lot of games this preseason but he's been super consistent throughout. Offensively he's put points on the board, and defensively he's taken care of business. So he's made a positive impression

Not really any bad performances. Gemel Smith is probably headed for Syracuse. He wasn't bad, I just don't think he did enough to get ahead of Witkowski, (Maroon-Paquette-Witkowski looks like a lock for our 4th line) or Verhaeghe. And Rutta was Rutta, but it doesn't really matter since he wasn't going to crack the top 6 anyway.

Overall, I think something to like is we played with a lot of physicality. And Shattenkirk when he becomes completely settled in will help drive some of our offense. So, we looked like we've addressed some weaknesses while still being the skilled team we are.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad