Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PS 7 - Red Wings 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did you notice games is on ch 454 for 7pm and then it shows Winnepeg game for 8pm...I did notice that the Jet and Wild I believe are also on another station so I'm not too concerned. We should get complete game..
Yep, i saw the one hour block for the Bruins/Wings game last night when i checked it, then it jumps to that game. I just ordered the package this morning, so we will see in a few hours!

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'll be honest, I think its more getting Backes reps in case Bergy can't start the season. If that is the case and Backes is getting reps, my guess is that they know Bergy wont be ready to start the season. They also have Szwarz playing #4C, but he's a RW. It could just be trying to fill in guys to make the roster work with the players they have available.
It could be for sure, I certainly don't know what is going to happen that is simply where my mind went. It makes sense to me too as Cehlarik has earned himself more time on the team and it's hard to not put Donato in after the way he ended last year. I don't really have a feel on how they feel about Frederic as a center and one way to keep all the kid wingers but Bjork up and still have Backes on the third line would be using him as a center. They certainly haven't used him as a center yet so it still seems unlikely he ended up there but Cehlarik might be making them second guess their plan entering camp as well.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It could be for sure, I certainly don't know what is going to happen that is simply where my mind went. It makes sense to me too as Cehlarik has earned himself more time on the team and it's hard to not put Donato in after the way he ended last year. I don't really have a feel on how they feel about Frederic as a center and one way to keep all the kid wingers but Bjork up and still have Backes on the third line would be using him as a center. They certainly haven't used him as a center yet so it still seems unlikely he ended up there but Cehlarik might be making them second guess their plan entering camp as well.

I wouldn't rule it out. I mean if Backes looks comfortable at center and Cehlarik is bring more of an impact than JFK/Frederic then he should get the nod and Backes slides to center. As Sweeney as been preaching the last few years, the best guy will play. I'll be interested to see how it unfolds. If Cehlarik has another solid game tonight, its going to make things very tough on management as I don't think he would be the one that was making the most "noise" among those looking to earn a spot in the line-up.

Reactions: Tampbear

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No Zambonis

upload_2018-9-26_17-55-59.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I WILL get game tonight. I just ordered sports package, same as last year $33/month..But where I changed from Bell to Eastlink, it's not called NHL Centre Ice, just called Super Sports and it includes NBA, NFL,MLB and NHL..Many times last year, I got Bruins game with option to watch Bruin Commentators or other teams, games were usually on 2 stations.

Guys/Gals How do you feel about Winnik and Stempniak still hanging around?? I dont mind Winnik maybe being 13th forward and playing occasional game on 4th line but Stempniak still being here concern me. He's not a 4th line player but might steal the 3rd line opening. This concerns me as I really want one of our kids like JFK to grab that spot..

I'm good with Winnik. Wagner-Kuraly-Winnik sounds like a good fourth line.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
As the lineup is taking shape... tonights game should be exciting to watch

Rooting for the Cehlarik Frederic Stempniak line

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I'm rooting for the center anyway :laugh:

I think the 2nd line is going to rock. JDB and Heinen with Krejci clone JFK.
I don't think anyone is going to have more fun this season than Cassidy. He loves playing with his lines and boy does he have a glut of talent to work with.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Looking at the lineup, you gotta think the Bruins make a play to add a big piece soon. There's a glut of young talent on the roster.

I said the same thing the other day.... it has to happen at some point. The nice thing is Donny holds the cards. He is in a position where he can land something large and dictate what and who he gives up. I'm hopeful he gets it right... but something has to give. It just makes sense on so many levels and with Krugs contract situation. I know most think we are going to take a huge hit dealing Krug, but think about what you can get back while packaging him with some of our young talent. He's got 2 years left and they are not going to pony up 5+ years at 7+ a year which is what Krug will be looking for. I personally expect him to be part of a package in a trade between now and the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad