GDT: 9/26/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 6]

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
This may have something to do with it:

Mike Gallimore ‏@mikegallimore
Guy Boucher was very conservative with his PK deployments, rarely used top/offensive players to kill penalties...

...Cooper has no such inhibitions. We saw short-handed threats at the end of last season and we're seeing it now. And it's fun.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Panik Attack ya'll!

And it's shorthanded!!!

We got a shorthanded goal?

gandalf1.jpg

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Seriously, how are we getting outshot so badly again? (24-15) When Cooper came on board last year, he was known as the shoot everything at the net coach in the AHL. What's going on?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Interesting note made by Mishkin- we could see more of Marty on the penalty kill this season. He's actually ranked 24th all time in career NHL shorthanded goals with 28. The majority of those came from when Tortz was here.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Mish & Cully:

Drouin and Kucherov had their best preseason games. Said Drouin engaged physically, won puck battles, and looked more confident. Brown and Korobov also looked good, although they said Korobov made some bad decisions looking to make hits.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I know it's just pre-season, but TBL is currently residing at the top of the Atlantic Division (ESPN NHL Preseason Standings 2013). Feels good, feels good.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
The kids aren't going to make the decisions any easier for Cooper & Co. Wow is the depth in this organization unreal.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Why can't they both make the team?!? :banghead:

they can and I really do believe they will and palat and panik will both be up and down till we trade pyatt or crombeen.

I think drouin speed is catching up each game and he is just gonna start putting on a show like did at times with stamkos and now marty tonight.

I don't know their plans do we really want to send the kid down who can take the calder just to learn to play center for a year?

I personally think we should give Phoenix a call and do a yandle purcell trade and solve all the issues right now lol.

Will still have brown and angelidis for injuries etc.. Get a power play 50 point D guy gawd dont get me started lol who can be top line or second with hedman or carle whatever they feel :)

Let barberio stew in minors till can get rid of brewer somehow or salo or someone gets injured etc..

As far as that goes would do purcell and aulie or barberio for yandle and a pick late one even coming back.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Top gun line = 74-9-71?

Any word on how Connolly did at center with Drouin and Marty?

I listened to game and connolly did his thing for sure. Had his opportunities doing same thing been doing bad luck on a couple that didnt score. Thomas played very well stopped one or two from that line and know markstrom did the same.

Connolly at the net a couple times should have gotten the pay off drouin made a sick pass to marty that also should have scored.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
As far as that goes would do purcell and aulie or barberio for yandle and a pick late one even coming back.
I would do Purcell and Barbs for Yandle in a heartbeat. While I think Barbs has potential, I still like Aulie more (I feel like Aulie is slowly becoming a legit defender... the kids still young). I hope Yaz does something with Purcell to get a top defender because I feel like he would pull in a top 4 defender return easier than anyone else who is expendable on our team could.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Anyone have highlight of the OT goal? TSN shows all of the other goals but no OT goal. I want to see Kucherov!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad