GDT: 9/25/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 5]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This feels like a regular season game. ...Even in how we broke out to a lead, had a heavy advantage, and then slacked off.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This is the one real knock on our team. Nobody is afraid of anyone on our roster. I'm not saying we need a goon but other teams aren't scared to take runs/shots at are guys.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Feels like we put in our 40, like a work out, and now we're just going for a skate.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah pretty much, but after the close call with Kuch I don't really blame them. Its only pre season after all

Yeah, me either. All the guys who needed to impress have impressed, minus maybe Martel, but it's his first game (unless he had one in Philly?)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL, Linesman not calling icing anymore because they want this over as much as we do.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Oh well, during the first 40 min when there was an actual effort being made bolts were clearly the better team. Glad there is nothing serious with Kuch.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Nice first two periods. Bovine excrement third. :facepalm:

Strålman got walked by Dadanov.
Hedman got walked by Ekblad … for a shortie, no less.
Barkov, Barkov, Barkov... Why is it he ALWAYS seems to score against us??

I know it's the preseason, but dang... :P

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Good things:
Cernak was very effective and matched well with McDonagh
Koekkoek actually had one of his better games.
Sergachev held his own with more minutes though he still needs to battle better along the boards. :P
Joseph and Stephens were all over the ice causing trouble for the Panthers.
Martel did well again. Loads of energy.
Point is already in amazing form.:heart:
The first 4 penalty kills were actually much improved!

Bad things:
Kuch leaving the game with a LBI although they reassured us it's only a precaution. :(
The entire fricking third period.

Reactions: JDBolt

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
This is where Cernak needs to run in WWE style

Not his style. Master P is dead on with his comment. That being typed, carrying a player like that as protection of the far more skilled players on either the NHL or AHL roster is not in the plans of development of the talent of this organization.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I thought to myself after we lost to the Caps that we won't have good luck with injuries like we had last year again. Now we have injuries to TJ and Kuch already. Commence the tank!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joseph has to have the inside track on any open slot right now. Gotta think Cooper loves that straight forward game. Martel wasn't overly impressive.

Miller looked really really good. His creativity gives us another option. We can separate Kuch and stamkos if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad