GDT: 9/23 Happy Preseason! Game 1: Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens 7:30pm ET RDS, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Boysareback_zpsdacf003d.jpg

DSC_1234_zpsc3769858.jpg

DSC_12345_zps84c38c02.jpg

All photos are © by me.
They were taken September 19 & 20, 2014

Game_Info_preseason2014_zpsd401aa24.jpg

large.png
vs.
large.png

7:30pm Eastern
Bell Centre, Montreal, QC, CA
RDS (Canada), 98.5 FM The Sports Hub (Boston)

news_notes2014_zpsc66567ca.jpg

Simon Gagne is in the lineup tomorrow per Renaud Levoie:

sg_zpse158c5c5.jpg

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/514160718976131072

If this is the case, it is very possible that one of the lines will be:

Dan Paille - Ryan Spooner - Simon Gagne

Montreal Twitter
Bruins Twitter

Goalies_2014_zps9ff6e5b8.jpg

TBD...

Lines_2014_zps8e007be3.jpg

TBD...

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Complete ********* that all preseason games aren't televised

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Atta girl, Ali!

Go :bruins!

I will be off celebrating Bruce Springsteen like I shoulda done last time these teams played. :handclap:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Complete ********* that all preseason games aren't televised

Can we, this season, finally just start some kind of something to make this happen eventually?no reason nesn can take a small crew and just give us some kind of stream on the nhl website. The ads alone could cover the cost no?

Idk...it's late (for me :laugh:) and I'm just babbling but maybe we can do something...

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Can we, this season, finally just start some kind of something to make this happen eventually?no reason nesn can take a small crew and just give us some kind of stream on the nhl website. The ads alone could cover the cost no?

Idk...it's late (for me :laugh:) and I'm just babbling but maybe we can do something...

Don and Jerry, along with a sports reporter from every local network, spends a month and a half in Ft Meyers for the start of baseball season. Split squad games against B freaking C are televised.

I'm a crackhead and I need a hit. It's making me salty.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I've tried Center Ice and GCL and decided to do Hockeystreams this year, as I don't have the NHLN on my FIOS tier. I have the Rags/Devils game on now and the stream quality is beautiful. Plus if you want you can subscribe for one game, one week, one month, 3 months, 6 months or a full year. I did a month last year to try it out and had no complaints.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I've tried Center Ice and GCL and decided to do Hockeystreams this year, as I don't have the NHLN on my FIOS tier. I have the Rags/Devils game on now and the stream quality is beautiful. Plus if you want you can subscribe for one game, one week, one month, 3 months, 6 months or a full year. I did a month last year to try it out and had no complaints.

This seems to be the way for me, I can stream from home or work and that's awesome.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
NHL network will have the rest beside the three that NESN will have.

NESN only has 2 games. NHLN will have 3 games, but that includes the 2 that NESN has (probably NESN's feed, and probably blacked out for us). So, altogether, we only get 3 of the 7 games.

RDS is showing this game, but aside from that, the other 3 games are completely blacked out, visually speaking. I think we've got radio coverage for all the games, but radio coverage of sports is like video coverage of a concert without audio.

Playing devil's (aka NESN's) advocate:

1) Baseball tomorrow. Who knew the Sox would be in a race to the bottom?

2) NESN+ probably costs money to open up.

3) Crew. They could piggyback and split costs for cameras with RDS. Stick Jack and Brick in a dark NESN studio in Boston to do commentary - don't even have to fly them out to the Belle Center. No intermission interviews - spend some time covering the off-season using pre-taped segments, perhaps. Or maybe an extra Sal's Pizza commercial.

4) Blackout rules? Can't imagine the Canadiens don't sell this one out. Some of the other teams might have more difficulty, particularly if there are other sporting events (ie baseball) nearby. No problem here in Boston, though - for the Caps game on Wednesday, there's only a smattering of "official" tickets available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad