GDT: 9/23/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas [SCF Game 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
The only thing that worries me about bringing Stamkos back is that this series is turning into a bloodbath. Don't want to bring him back just so Jamie Benn can sideline him again.

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
There is not a pressing need to mess with lineup from last game only to get Stamkos in there. If we are close to a cup win, need an adjustment or someone goes down then it’s Stamatime
I wouldn't overthink it, if he's truly healthy you play him. You don't keep your all-star captain out of an SCF game for chemistry concerns. If nothing else he will draw a crowd and open up Kucherov on PP1.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
The only thing that worries me about bringing Stamkos back is that this series is turning into a bloodbath. Don't want to bring him back just so Jamie Benn can sideline him again.
Yeah, I was gonna say, here's to hoping those freaks don't injure one of our players. They sure as hell were trying their damnedest to in Gm 2.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I wouldn't overthink it, if he's truly healthy you play him. You don't keep your all-star captain out of an SCF game for chemistry concerns. If nothing else he will draw a crowd and open up Kucherov on PP1.
Especially when the second line already has no chemistry. Put him there. (though admittedly they look better than they did the first 3 rounds)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

You also don't want him to play if he's not healthy enough to bring something to the table.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Kick the can.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I regret to inform you Days, that for the GDT bubble players, you forgot about Drej.
Don’t we all?
Today is my birthday. Hope to get stamkos back and win for a present. Lets go!
Happy Birthday!
Is Coburn hurt? Better option than Schenn or a rusty Rutta. Let Sergachev play with Hedman, and Coburn with Shattenkirk
I think Coburn is fine. Coop said one of Schenn and Bogo were unable to play in game 2 but didn’t say which

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020

Have to agree with this. If he’s healthy enough to play, he plays. No way you sit what he can bring to the table.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Warming up and not playing for Stammer is almost functionally useless (unless there's an injury at the last minute, which is why we've had those guys).

I won't take it for granted that we all attend live hockey games, so I'll say that warmups aren't very high pace. Coaches aren't even out there at high levels of play, although they may be watching, as they can get the same line rushes the media gives to us.

It's just some light drills to shoot the puck around and let the goalies get a feel for the puck.

Last edited:

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Thought the 2nd line looked very noticeable last game.

Hoping killorn and TJ have one last hurrah left and saved it for this round.
The second line should not only doing fore check.
They have to score too.
Johnson and Killer are doing well one thing but not the other.
And they're something like -5 in the playoffs...

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Lead(ership) is going to be the key in this game. Need to get out to an early lead and make them play catch up.

Need our veteran players (looking at you, Tyler Johnson) to step up and lead us to victory.

Would love to see our Captain/leader make an appearance and impact in tonight’s game.

Go Bolts!!!!

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Today is my birthday. Hope to get stamkos back and win for a present. Lets go!

Note he's a Ginger:thumbu:

Because no one should need a reason to play such a kick ass tune. This fan-made video is peak Megadeth

Thank you @Ginger Papa for putting me back on my thrash metal kick.

I............ I love you

IMG_5039.GIF

Great choice of song, love that album. I'll work on a Megadeth parody for tonight's game over my lunch break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad