GDT: 9/22/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 4 ]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How did Barre-Boulet look?

Only caught the 3rd, but he looked good. Instrumental on Yan's goal. Made a couple of moves to get into the zone. Didn't get an assist on it, but he played a bigger part than the two guys who did.

He looks like a kid though. It's gonna take a while to know whether or not he can be something.

Reactions: Stamkos Indulgence

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
How did Barre-Boulet look?

Was there at Amalie and he was looking good. Very fast, skilled. Not afraid to get creative and stir things up. Was a little hesitant/nervous at first, which is understandable since it was his first preseason game every. But he got better as the game went on. But I do agree with DFC that he is still too much a kid in his build. I mean, Johnny is short but is built like an adult hockey player. Barre-Boulet could use some more heft of the muscle type.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Hard to find anything on Otto Somppi. I see his name on the line up card. Watched him the last few years in Halifax and know he's a good puck carrier. Did he get enough time in the game to make any kind of an assessment?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If $$ and age and waiver eligibility did not matter, Cernak would be on the team to start the season. He's one of our top two 5v5 right side defensemen. At the very least give him some playing time opposite of either McD or Hedman late into camp to see how does against quality NHL competition.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
If $$ and age and waiver eligibility did not matter, Cernak would be on the team to start the season. He's one of our top two 5v5 right side defensemen. At the very least give him some playing time opposite of either McD or Hedman late into camp to see how does against quality NHL competition.

He looked really good last night paired with Mac. And they were playing a lot more Preds vets than I expected. I think he actually has a chance to beat out Koekkoek for the #7 spot. Don't think anything is going to keep Coburn and Girardi from being #5&6 for the season opener.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Agreed (just saw your post in the other thread about this too)

Either way, I think he's going to have a better career than KK, at least on this team. KK still looks soft to me, no grit, more of an onlooker in our zone than any of our other D. Great skater... yes... so there is always a career at Disney On Ice for him if he wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad