9/21 Preseason - Coyotes @ Sharks - 7:30PM MST

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
It was, I jinxed the whole thing. :cry:

no worries, that's what preseason is for...I just hope you learned your lesson. I think you'll still make the opening night fan roster with the big club.... nothing for you to gain anymore in the AHL fanbase.

zLiMbiLLY

Feb 18, 2012
WingF
Thoughts of which players are being sent down next for now? three pregames to go right?

Still got hopes that Domi gets some stats, also Rundblad.
Glad Brown and Miele has been producing.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's time for GMDM to send Domi back to juniors. Obviously didn't see the game yesterday, but Miele got some more points and he's been pretty consistent in that regard over the preseason.

Brown also has been contributing and I honestly think he's a better option than Yip, so my vote is the following:

Boedker/Ribeiro/Doan
Miele/Hanzal/Vrbata
Korpi/Vermette/Moss
Klink/Brule/Brown

Chips/Biz

I have absolutely no idea on the "D" side of the equation and we really, truly need to trade at least 1 of the "D" to make room for Rundblad. He paid his dues and deserves a shot to stay and Stone proved he can play...my depth chart for D is as follows:

OEL, Yandle, Z, DeMo, Stone, Rundblad, Klesla, Schlemko, Gormley, Murphy, Summers

Klesla/DeMo are in their final year so they are the two most probable trade bait and DeMo has proven his 'loyalty' to the organization so I'd hope that we'd keep him and give him a $1.75 3yr contract to mentor the youngsters and be a bottom pairing/7th D man.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's time for GMDM to send Domi back to juniors. Obviously didn't see the game yesterday, but Miele got some more points and he's been pretty consistent in that regard over the preseason.

Brown also has been contributing and I honestly think he's a better option than Yip, so my vote is the following:

Boedker/Ribeiro/Doan
Miele/Hanzal/Vrbata
Korpi/Vermette/Moss
Klink/Brule/Brown

Chips/Biz

I have absolutely no idea on the "D" side of the equation and we really, truly need to trade at least 1 of the "D" to make room for Rundblad. He paid his dues and deserves a shot to stay and Stone proved he can play...my depth chart for D is as follows:

OEL, Yandle, Z, DeMo, Stone, Rundblad, Klesla, Schlemko, Gormley, Murphy, Summers

Klesla/DeMo are in their final year so they are the two most probable trade bait and DeMo has proven his 'loyalty' to the organization so I'd hope that we'd keep him and give him a $1.75 3yr contract to mentor the youngsters and be a bottom pairing/7th D man.

Why do you like Brule over Chip?

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Brule can play all 3 spots and I think he'll produce more than Chipchura. I've always liked his game.

I've never been a big fan of Chips game except for the fact that he fights. If he didn't fight, he'd be in the AHL.

strongly disagree. IMO Chips is very underrated...I could see him and the colonel forming one of the best 4th lines in league.

not against Brule making the team though.... don't know if this article has been posted before...

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8668967

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Brule can play all 3 spots and I think he'll produce more than Chipchura. I've always liked his game.

I've never been a big fan of Chips game except for the fact that he fights. If he didn't fight, he'd be in the AHL.

If Brown makes the team, he would supply the muscle that Chips usually give us.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I have confidence Vermette will be able to replace a lot of what Gordon brought. He's a highly effective 2-way player. My main concern is he won't want to re-sign here later because I strongly doubt the role he envisions for himself is that of a checking line center after playing top 2 lines most of his career.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I have confidence Vermette will be able to replace a lot of what Gordon brought. He's a highly effective 2-way player. My main concern is he won't want to re-sign here later because I strongly doubt the role he envisions for himself is that of a checking line center after playing top 2 lines most of his career.

Last year we had both, so Vermette won't be replacing a lot of what Gordon brought, I will have to come from somewhere else.

knowsthegame

Mar 18, 2008
Tale of 2 NHL cities

Vermette will be lucky if GMDM re-signs him. At 4 million a year there are better ways to allocate that money.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Well, we'll need to find another center then. I never really agreed with the Vermette bashing around here. He did well after the trade deadline acquisition and the following year was a lock-out year that was poor for practically everyone but OEL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->