9/19/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 1]

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The thing is that was it Dallas just standing back in the 3rd? They kept you outside still.
Which is actually what Tampa didn't do and needs to do.

I think Dallas was backing off a bit and almost paid for it with how well Tampa looked. None the less if they play like this they hopefully won't be down 2 or 3 goals. We'll have to wait and see

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A bit too much turtle for me taste in the third there but they didn't give up a goal so i'll take it. If they didn't also take those dumb penalties it would've been better. The Comeau and Seguin ones really didn't need to happen. Totally unforced errors.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Lightning have scored only 1 goal in regulation these last 3 games, they have to find a way to start scoring goals again
Stars can score, Lightning can't afford 1 goal in 60 minutes scoring slumps against all that

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Tampa scored zero goals in the 3rd so how would the bolts win?
You cannot give up 20 shots a period to the Bolts. Stars goalie was lights out. No doubt. Great game by the Stars, they did what they were expected to do. Bolts too little too late. I expected a shut out and by all rights it should have been with the Bolts scoring one of the flukiest goals possible. The 3rd period (and really half the 2nd) showed the rest advantage in this series is over.

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
LoL at people who do not watch the Stars. We get a lead and you can keep the puck and not do much with it. We play like this, and we can most of the time, no team has a shot.

Reactions: chirrrs

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
When Dallas sits back to defend in third periods you can basically do whatever you want if you're the other team. But it has worked for them. Khudobin is a brick wall right now.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You cannot give up 20 shots a period to the Bolts. Stars goalie was lights out. No doubt. Great game by the Stars, Bolts to little to late. I expected a shut out and by all rights it should have been with the Bolts scoring one of the flukiest goals possible. The 3rd period (and really half the 2nd) showed the rest advantage in this series is over.

We just did, and you scored zero goals.

Ask Vegas fans how the shot counter mattered against Dallas last series. (Hint: It doesn't)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Both teams had lost game 1's in recent Cup Finals (1999-2000, 2004-2015)

Something HAD to give

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Why not? We've done it for 2 years straight.

Would you rather give life to the other team or go and punish them? You had the chance tonight to keep on pushing and send a message.
A win is a win and Coop does sit on the lead too sometimes, I hate it, I rather crush the other team like the 8-2 against the Isles

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Would you rather give life to the other team or go and punish them? You had the chance tonight to keep on pushing and send a message.
A win is a win and Coop does sit on the lead too sometimes, I hate it, I rather crush the other team like the 8-2 against the Isles

Id rather close out the game with the same score the 3rd started with, which is what Dallas generally does.

It was a little bit too much sitting back this game I will agree with, but the penalties really contributed towards that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->