GDT: 9/19/20 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Here we go.

Would love to score early and often tonight. Bring Khudobin back to earth and show them who we are.

Need a lot more from our 2nd line in this game. C’mon man!

Let’s go Bolts!!!!

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
giphy.gif

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Erm... their PP has 27% success rate. That’s like 10% more than ours. So unless Stamkos comes back and onetimes us back to 30% we better play disciplined.

Would suggest there's just as good a chance there's a little bit of a drop coming there since their season success rate was 21.1%. We did a much better job killing penalties in the last round - NYI's power play not being terribly potent helped - so hopefully there's a carryover there after the struggles we had before that.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
All the superstitions are lined up. I woke up feeling calm as can be, I have work today all through the game and so much crap going on I'm not so sure if I'm even gonna be able to sneak in a live stream.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Never again will we have such a deep roster for a playoff run. This is our moment. We cannot squander it. The boys must play with a reckless abandon. I remember Kucherov's disappointment watching Chicago hoist the Cup. In that moment, though, I thought to myself it would not be long until we were back given how talented and young our roster was at that time. Fast forward 5 years, including two ECF game 7 losses to the Cup Champions and a historic regular season culminating in an embarrassing sweep, and here we are again. I never imagined it would take half a decade - not even a little bit. It is incredibly hard to win the Stanley Cup, even when you have some of the best chess pieces in the game.

Although I am in no way proposing that fans should be able to join the bubble (they categorically should not), it is a shame that whoever wins the Cup will do it in an empty arena. Attending Game 7 versus Calgary was one of the fondest memories I have in my life. The energy in the building was magical and unable to be sufficiently described.

Finally, screw everyone's superstition. There is no such thing in this world. You make your damn luck.

TIME TO GO TO BATTLE.

Last edited:

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Erm... their PP has 27% success rate. That’s like 10% more than ours. So unless Stamkos comes back and onetimes us back to 30% we better play disciplined.

Would suggest there's just as good a chance there's a little bit of a drop coming there since their season success rate was 21.1%. We did a much better job killing penalties in the last round - NYI's power play not being terribly potent helped - so hopefully there's a carryover there after the struggles we had before that.

They had insane numbers against Colorado, who didn't have any goalie of NHL calibre (not playing like one at least), so that makes their numbers look bit better than they are.

Still they are really good in PP, that's a big difference from Islanders, so need to stay disciplined.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I went to metallice concert 3months before Covid. Those guys can still perform. Lets win game 1 baby!

Lucky guy. My only time was in 2009 during their World Magnetic tour. It was everything I'd hoped it would be. I was gonna see Ozzy and Megadeth 2 years ago and the damn concert kept getting delayed. Oh well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not a huge Metallica fan - their best songs were written by Mustaine.

That was intense. Great choice.

And to each their own because I've found Metallica to be a bit overrated myself for a lot of reasons that are too lengthy and distracts from hockey talk. But I'll give Metallica (well Cliff Burton anyway) kudos for bringing the Cthulhu Mythos into the picture.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hopefully they feel a little relief finally getting to the next level in the Stanley Cup finals. Hopefully that helps them play their best in the finals. Who the hell knows if this team will be good enough to get there again. Let's take it now!!

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
According to Burns and Jay Recher, if we lose tonight we should not freak out.
Ok, maybe they're right, but if we lose tonight, after a poor game played by many of our players, I will be very "mad" and angry...

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Play with Stars mind. Let Stamkos go out for the warmups, skate around, and then after they come back in. it is announced he is scratched. Future games repeat, until no announcement he is not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->