GDT: 9/19/13 Red Wings vs. Bruins - 7:00 p.m.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
lol based on what? vasilvesky has mostly been playing in the MHL. His KHL sample size is like 10 games. He's a good prospect but to say he is the best in the world is ridiculous. Mrazek is light years ahead of him. Granted he's two years older and should be ahead but I just fail to see what makes vasilvevsky a better prospect in your eyes.

based on hockeys future, the goalie guild, hockey prospectus, the bleacher report, mckeens, etc

now of course they're all opinion but he is consistently ranked among the top 3 in pretty much every single report you can find on the web which suggests most likely some truth to it, unless its all collusion so who knows but from watching him at the WJC's to me he looked like the best of the bunch both years in comparision to all others there who played

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
I am watching the replay on NHL Network and the way Abby is playing with Dats and Zett is markedly different than last year. He seems to finally understand how to move without the puck playing on a top line - which could be very dangerous. Not saying a guy like Gus or Alfie (because i would like a righty on that line) wouldn't be a better option, but so far Abby is making it hard for me to hate this decision by Babcock.

HTT3*

I am watching the replay on NHL Network and the way Abby is playing with Dats and Zett is markedly different than last year. He seems to finally understand how to move without the puck playing on a top line - which could be very dangerous. Not saying a guy like Gus or Alfie (because i would like a righty on that line) wouldn't be a better option, but so far Abby is making it hard for me to hate this decision by Babcock.

I agree Abby has looked dynamite. I guess Babcock just might know what he's doing, after all :naughty:

I have a feeling Abdelkader and Cleary have a superb year. Management know what they're doing...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
based on hockeys future, the goalie guild, hockey prospectus, the bleacher report, mckeens, etc

now of course they're all opinion but he is consistently ranked among the top 3 in pretty much every single report you can find on the web which suggests most likely some truth to it, unless its all collusion so who knows but from watching him at the WJC's to me he looked like the best of the bunch both years in comparision to all others there who played

There are a lot of people that think his own teammate was better than him the first year and sorry Gibson was better than him last year.

He is an exciting prospect no doubt, but he hasn't separated from Gibson or Mrazek on anything but 1st round draft status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad