GDT: 9/18/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina [Preseason Game 2]

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
And also the second game is in the books.
I think we've seen something positive but our prospects need time, in the AHL, to improve.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Much better game today than yesterday. Would’ve liked some goals though.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2 games through, I think you can start sending a number of these AHL guys back to Syracuse who aren't going to be in serious contention for one of those spots on the Lightning. I thought the 2 best forwards were Volkov and Smith. On defense, Masin quietly had a solid game. Sergachev looks real good too. Fans should also be pretty happy with what we saw from 18 year old Nolan Foote.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Liked: Volkov, Masin, Martin, N. Foote, Smith

Okay: Raddysh, Conacher, Valleau, Sergachev (when not with C. Foote), Somppi, Shattenkirk, Verhaeghe

Didn't like: Schenn, Witkowski, Katchouk, C Foote

No impression/didn't really notice them: Mueller, Huntington

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
It's time to send down Katchouk and bunch of these guys. While C Foote has shit the bed for 2 games, would rather keep him up and let him watch Hedman play a game and see if picks up anything.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
eh, a couple times
Hmmm...

I mean, Hamrlik was "good". Boyle was undrafted. I guess we did draft Kubina. Gudas, but we're stretching the definition of "good defenseman" there.

So three times? Maybe four? Not bad for a 27 year old franchise.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Lmao the hate for Foote is ****ing ridiculous. Yeah, he's not ready. It takes a long time for D to develop. Christ.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Lmao the hate for Foote is ****ing ridiculous. Yeah, he's not ready. It takes a long time for D to develop. Christ.
No hate, it's just we all know he isn't ready. There were people slotting him in for the bottom pair this year. It's just, now people can see how silly that was.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Missed the game.

Masin was good? That's progress. Pretty sure he stood out in a bad way every pre-season game last year.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Missed the game.

Masin was good? That's progress. Pretty sure he stood out in a bad way every pre-season game last year.
He looked real solid to me. Made smart decisions for the most part and just stayed steady. I liked Gemel Smith too.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
No hate, it's just we all know he isn't ready. There were people slotting him in for the bottom pair this year. It's just, now people can see how silly that was.

Heck, there were some people slotting him in beside Heddy this season. :P

He's got plenty of potential and yes, defensemen take longer to develop. But that's why he needs at least another year in the AHL.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Playing the AHL guys this preseason is an exercise in futility. If Point gets signed that will put the team at 12 forwards with only one slot in contention that of Martel. On the blueline the focus needs to be on who is going to be waived there are 9 guys vowing for 7 slots The goalie situation is set. IMO it would be better to roll the season starting lines and knock off the rust. Put the AHL guys with there team to do the same. Barring injury al I see happening is waivers for Schenn, Witkoski and or Rutta. Foote being brought up around Jan 1st. As it is right not playing the young guys does not matter at all and makes preseason senseless unless someone gets hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad