GDT

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING VS CAROLINA HURRICANES
* * * P R E S E A S O N - G A M E # 2 * * *

7:00 PM - WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH 2019
PNC ARENA - RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA

EEcVR-6X4AAdlvI.jpg

RADIO:
AM 953 WDAE > 95.3 WDAE - Tampa Bay's Sports Radio
Lightning Power Play > Listen to Lightning Power Play Live - Tampa Bay Lightning, Be The Thunder! | iHeartRadio

STREAMS:
Official Tampa Bay Lightning Website (tampa market only)

EEguCooXkAA_dqV.jpg

- STARTING LINEUPS -

:bolts

54 CARTER VERHAEGHE - 19 CHRIS MUELLER - 79 ALEXANDER VOLKOV
14 PAT MAROON - 60 ALEX BARRE-BOULET - 46 GEMEL SMITH
42 BORIS KATCHOUK - 47 JIMMY HUNTINGTON - 16 TAYLOR RADDYSH
40 NOLAN FOOTE - 42 OTTO SOMPPI - 89 CORY CONACHER

98 MIKHAIL SERGACHEV - 28 LUKE WITKOWSKI
8 NOLAN VALLEAU - 22 KEVIN SHATTENKIRK
74 DOMINIK MASIN - 2 LUKE SCHENN

30 SPENCER MARTIN
32 ZACH FUCALE

:canes

11 JORDAN STAAL
13 WARREN FOEGELE
18 RYAN DZINGLE
20 SEBASTIAN AHO
21 NINO NIEDERREITER
37 ANDREI SVECHNIKOV
44 JULIEN GAUTHIER
56 ERIK HAULA
64 CLARK BISHOP
78 STEVEN LORENTZ
86 TEUVO TERAVAINEN
88 MARTIN NECAS

19 DOUGIE HAMILTON
25 ALEX LINTUNIEMI
27 JUSTIN FAULK
33 FREDRIK CLAESSON
42 GUSTAV FORSLING
51 JAKE GARDINER
74 JACCOB SLAVIN
94 DEREK SHEPPARD

34 PETR MRAZEK
39 ALEX NEDELJKOVIC

70 CALLUM BOOTH

EEcVR-7WkAA6ibf.jpg

- STATS -

posgpgapts
91 STEVEN STAMKOSC1000
37 YANNI GOURDEC1000
27 RYAN MCDONAGHD1000
17 ALEX KILLORNLW1000
71 ANTHONY CIRELLIC1000
7 MATHIEU JOSEPHRW1000
55 BRAYDON COBURND1000
44 JAN RUTTAD1000
61 DANICK MARTELLW1000
60 ALEX BARRE-BOULETC1000
89 CORY CONACHERC1000
16 TAYLOR RADDYSHRW1000
33 CAMERON GAUNCED1000
92 ROSS COLTONC1000
52 CAL FOOTED1000
67 MITCHELL STEPHENSC1000
56 BEN THOMASD1000
82 GABRIEL FORTIERC1000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
gsrecordsogaas%
29 SCOTT WEDGEWOOD10-1-003.00.919
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
EEXhL6MXsAcO1Gh.jpg

- PRESEASON SCHEDULE -

dateopponentarenatimetvscore
September 17thVS CarolinaAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a3-0 L
September 18th@ CarolinaPNC Arena, Raleigh7:00 pmn/a-
September 20thVS NashvilleAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a-
September 21st@ NashvilleBridgestone Arena, Nashville8:00 pmn/a-
September 24th@ FloridaBB&T Center, Sunrise7:00 pmn/a-
September 26th@ FloridaBB&T Center, Sunrise7:00 pmn/a-
September 28thVS FloridaAmalie Arena, Tampa7:00 pmn/a-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
EEguConW4AE6Vc_.jpg

- QUOTES -

Jon Cooper:
"The penalties, that was the big thing. That was something we'd been addressing in the preseason. That was probably the most disappointing thing in the game. I'm not judging it by the wins and losses. We've got a lot of young guys out there, a lot of guys who were nervous. I think it's easier for the younger guys to play a game on the road than it is to play at home. But the amount of penalties we took, that was disappointing."

Danick Martel:
"Did they really have a lot of dangerous shots from the slot? I'm not sure about that. We should look at it. But, I think a lot of them was a lot of point shots that were just low to high, quick shot to the net. Hopefully, we just bring this down, but I don't think that's a big thing in the first few games of preseason."

:bolts

LET'S GO BOLTS!

Last edited:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I'm looking forward to seeing how Somppi and Volkov do, as well as see if ABB can have a better game than last night. On the vets side, am looking forward to seeing our new guys, of course.

But I'm also curious to see how Sergy handles the PP competition that he's going to get from Shattenkirk as both will get the chance to QB one of the two PP units tonight. I doubt that Cooper will go with 2D on the actual PP2, but stranger things have happened.

Sergy and Witkowski is an... interesting combination. o_O

**had to edit because autocorrect changed Volkov to Volvo. :facepalm:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
To me the biggest stories are going to be how Verhaeghe and Volkov do. They are the 2 players fighting for the opening night roster spot.

Also curious at seeing Maroon play with the team. Will be interesting to see how he picks up the system.

And seeing Schenn and Witkowski play will be good. I would personally think Schenn would be a better fit with Serge, but things change during the game. These two are battling to get swapped in during the season, and they will be the reason we can send Ruuta down. If neither of them impress tonight, we are starting the season with Hedman - Ruuta pairing.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
To me the biggest stories are going to be how Verhaeghe and Volkov do. They are the 2 players fighting for the opening night roster spot.

Also curious at seeing Maroon play with the team. Will be interesting to see how he picks up the system.

And seeing Schenn and Witkowski play will be good. I would personally think Schenn would be a better fit with Serge, but things change during the game. These two are battling to get swapped in during the season, and they will be the reason we can send Ruuta down. If neither of them impress tonight, we are starting the season with Hedman - Ruuta pairing.

Noooo, no Rutta please! He was not good at all in yesterday's game (yes, I know it was just one pre-season game, let me be overly judgmental ;)). The only D worse than him was the Gaunce/Thomas pairing which sucked fetid bilge water.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Our goaltending tandem is a dream from 2013. I remember when both were top goaltending prospects.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wait a minute. I completely missed the part when we acquired Fucale. I used to watch him play in Halifax. When did this go down?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Noooo, no Rutta please! He was not good at all in yesterday's game (yes, I know it was just one pre-season game, let me be overly judgmental ;)). The only D worse than him was the Gaunce/Thomas pairing which sucked fetid bilge water.

I honestly barely noticed Rutta yesterday. Feel like at this point Rutta could score a hat trick to win us the stanley cup and people would be complaining about how he looked bad doing it.

Not that he is a great defenseman but I honestly don’t care whether he or Coburn is our #6 defenseman since there isn’t much of a difference.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I honestly barely noticed Rutta yesterday. Feel like at this point Rutta could score a hat trick to win us the stanley cup and people would be complaining about how he looked bad doing it.

Not that he is a great defenseman but I honestly don’t care whether he or Coburn is our #6 defenseman since there isn’t much of a difference.
You're so bad at watching hockey it hurts my testicles just reading your analysis.

Reactions: Master P and JoVel

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Feel like at this point Rutta could score a hat trick to win us the stanley cup and people would be complaining about how he looked bad doing it.

Really? This is how you try to drive your point home on this forum? A team that has been just on the outside looking in many times as far as the Stanley Cup goes and you think our fans would complain about a player winning us the cup? I know you dont think he is as bad as we think he is but damn...

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
You're so bad at watching hockey it hurts my testicles just reading your analysis.

So only your eye test is useful but I can’t use advanced stats either. Seems like you just don’t like hearing opinions that are different from yours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad