Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
35 to 15 shots smdh
edit
37 to 15 final shots 3-0 ehem i just cant

are we training these guys at all? in syracuse other?

was very reaction hockey saw over 20 mins not sure of 30 lol got to listen to espo during that time and all he did was exasperate constantly so it was as painful to him as it was to me ...

didnt hear or watch footy on pp but that has been something that has been discused giving him 2-3 even 4 months to run in ahl before he is brought up.... everyone looked like they were handling a hand grenade that I saw nothing crisp decisions also plenty of time just to carry pucks deeper this is one you forget about lol if you can

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
I'd like to think the poor play is just because Cooper is working them hard in practice and their legs are feeling a bit heavy tonight.
I'm telling myself that just so i can sleep better tonight. It's only preseason though, they just need to get some reps in and not suffer any injuries (Killer?)

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Foote doesn't really look NHL-ready. Glad we acquired a few guys.

Anyone who watched the Crunch last year could tell you that. His feet just can’t keep up with his brain. He has played pretty nervous though which makes him look even worse.

Reactions: Tampacuseforever

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone who watched the Crunch last year could tell you that. His feet just can’t keep up with his brain. He has played pretty nervous though which makes him look even worse.
Guy has a freaking cannon though. At least that is NHL level.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Good thing this was just a pre-season game. :rolleyes:

Of the prospects, only Stephens and Wedgewood really stood out to me tonight.

ABB and Foote are definitely NOT ready for the NHL yet, imho.

And Gaunce and Thomas should never be allowed to pair together ever again. Never. :P

Good night, y'all. See you next pre-season game!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i liked foote last year at syracuse .....dont like him on power play yet in cuse or tonight at all he was super out of his comfort zone.....

our next hire i think should be the leading sports psychologist on the planet for some of these cats .... not sure if joking or serious couldnt hurt

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i liked foote last year at syracuse .....dont like him on power play yet in cuse or tonight at all he was super out of his comfort zone.....

our next hire i think should be the leading sports psychologist on the planet for some of these cats .... not sure if joking or serious couldnt hurt

Didn’t mean that he was bad in Syracuse. It was just always so obvious when watching him that his skating needed a lot more work for him to make the NHL.

Reactions: Tampacuseforever

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Out of our prospects, I thought Stephens looked the best, but that came mostly from his pk work, not really 5 on 5. The other forward pker on his unit, Fortier also did a nice job. Fortier was the only junior player here, but he didn't look it. Pretty nice that he's still a whole year in Baie-Comeau before going pro.

ABB was pretty invisible to me. And even when he got a chance to replace Killorn on the top line, not much came from it. I'm a little concerned because he had a hard time in the first game of the rookie tourny as well. Maybe he's just a slow starter? I think the biggest thing is he can't wait for the puck to come to him. We know he's good with the puck, but unless he sticks his nose in there like Colton does, he vanishes. He should put some Gourde tapes on in film study.

Foote needs more time in Syracuse. I know some people were hyping him up over the summer to grab a spot, but he's just not ready yet. Needs to be more decisive, and make quicker decisions. He doesn't look overwhelmed by the speed of the game at all, which is a good thing, but sometimes it doesn't look like he has a heart beat. He looks soft at times as well. He can't survive at the next level without being more physical around the net.

Martel, Conacher, Raddysh, really everyone was just eh. Nothing special tonight. So the competition is wide open for Volkov or Verhaeghe to come in and try to take a chop at.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

He didn't look solid on his feet to me, which was a bit surprising.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Guy has a freaking cannon though. At least that is NHL level.

Yeah, his wrist shot release is goal-scoring forward level too. He just looked tonight like the flow of the game and everything about it was too much for him. Not even just speed. He looked soft and shaky. I don't want to invoke the phrase, "baby giraffe," but...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The only thing good about preseason games is that we are closer to regular season. Preseason has turned into a tryout camp. I would prefer three game preseason with your lines that you will ice opening day. Knock the rust off and play hockey day one instead we get the watered down version and then it takes two weeks for the lines to gel in regular season. Extend the rookie camp if need be but get the real team ready for regular season.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
35 to 15 shots smdh
edit
37 to 15 final shots 3-0 ehem i just cant

are we training these guys at all? in syracuse other?

was very reaction hockey saw over 20 mins not sure of 30 lol got to listen to espo during that time and all he did was exasperate constantly so it was as painful to him as it was to me ...

didnt hear or watch footy on pp but that has been something that has been discused giving him 2-3 even 4 months to run in ahl before he is brought up.... everyone looked like they were handling a hand grenade that I saw nothing crisp decisions also plenty of time just to carry pucks deeper this is one you forget about lol if you can

Wow what the hell happend last night ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->