Pool: 8th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Live Updates

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
I just woke up, seen I had until 12 et, and then went to get Breakfast, while I looked for a player. Sucks to be annouced I had a little extra time and then it get taken away. Dont bother public extending the clock of you dont intend to go through with it. My guy didnt get pick, so its all good.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I just woke up, seen I had until 12 et, and then went to get Breakfast, while I looked for a player. Sucks to be annouced I had a little extra time and then it get taken away. Oh well

In my opinion when you've already been on the clock for 17 hours any extra time shouldn't be taken for granted to think while you have breakfast. Especially since you took the time to pick in the pool where your clock hadn't yet expired. The OP does say to not wait around because you have time. I think that goes for double when you've been on the clock for 17 hours already.

Although I have no idea what goes on in everyone's actual lives, I'll additionally note that as someone on the end of the snake when you made your pick yesterday you would have known Zemgus had 2 picks(he was online at the time you picked) and then it was back to you. To not check in for 17 hours since then, you're lucky I decided to give you any extra time to begin with.

Reactions: FinPanda

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'll dust off this rule for those who have failed to read it or disregard it. It's in the OP

For the purpose of keeping the draft going at a good pace, please make your pick if you know it's your pick and have time to do so. Don't wait around for hours thinking about it because you can.

Reactions: FinPanda and Khabby

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Here's another fun suggestion from the OP for those of us who might not get a chance to pick for 17 hours straight. It goes for triple when there's just 2 picks to be made before you from the same person that is currently online. 3 names isn't difficult. PrntScrn did it 2 days ago.

If you know you won't be online for a while please PM me and list of who you'd like to select when your next pick comes up. For instance if there are 4 picks before you, you can PM me a list of 5 players, the highest guy I the list I will pick for you when your pick comes up. I will not look at your PM until it is your pick so as to not influence my pick, but please put something in the PM title making me aware that it is a list of players for potential pick so I won't look at it. If you're on the end of the snake and want me to use your list to make multiple picks please say so. I won't use your list for multiple picks unless you say so because maybe you wanted 1 forward and a defenceman but the top 2 guys on your list is a forward or something.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
As someone who also runs a WJC pool, I’m definitely going to throw my two cents in here;

People are actually WAITING to make their picks. Please be considerate and don’t make them wait around all day. C4G has incredibly liberal rules allowing people to not get immediately skipped. He’s much nicer than I am when people lag.

When your turn is coming make a damn short list! Do your research BEFORE your pick comes. It’s not hard.

Reactions: FinPanda

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
I totally agree. As someone who has been in these pools for the better part of 7-10 years and rarely to never misses a pick or lets a clock run out I appreciate it as well.

Life happens, and unfortunately I couldn't make my pick, I was more or less annoyed with myself for missing it, and for being given time and then not knowing it was taken back. But it is what it is. I rather it just be strict clock and not worry about giving leway, everyone knows what the clock is when it starts, Im happy to just follow it.

Reactions: Statsy

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
When your turn is coming make a damn short list! Do your research BEFORE your pick comes. It’s not hard.

I somewhat understand the frustration of thinking you had time only to find out it was taken away. But extra time is discretionary IMO. Arguing that it's more sensible to just use the hard 12 hour deadline annoys me because he would have almost certainly missed more picks in the additional 5 hours.

This quoted is the part that matters to me the most, and why I skipped when I did. I need an extra 45 minutes to think about it isn't an excuse for extra time in my books. I gave it because I knew he wasn't online since his clock started. You should have a rough enough idea who you're looking at to pick decently quickly. If you then come online and leave without saying anything, I lose the reason I gave the extra time in the first place. Even a quick "Sorry for the delay, I'm here now and thinking" I would have given him the time to make the pick. Once he leaves I have no idea what's going on or if he even cares. I'm not wasting what may be 2 more hours of prime mid day picking time at that point.

Reactions: Statsy

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
I wouldnt of missed more picks with the 12 hour clock, but more people may have picked before I have, if that is what you mean. I also think its unfair to say if I even cares. This isnt my first pool, we have been in these same pools over and over for the last 5 years or more.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I wouldnt of missed more picks with the 12 hour clock, but more people may have picked before I have, if that is what you mean. I also think its unfair to say if I even cares. This isnt my first pool, we have been in these same pools over and over for the last 5 years or more.
For the record, I think Khabby has usually been pretty quick over the years... but not Statsy quick, of course. Hell, I had to skip my own mother’s surgery to go study up for this pool. I’m sure she would’ve understood how important these pools are to me if only she’d pulled through. Rest In Peace, mom! :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Yes that's what I mean. Fair enough on the caring thing. Just thinking from my perspective, I'm here wondering what's going on given the circumstances.

I get being annoyed reading you had time just to find it was removed. I do. That's the only thing I perhaps regret. I wanted to keep everyone else informed on what's up given the 12 hours had passed, so those after you could plan a time they know they can pick. Not sure how to word it otherwise though. "He has until 12 if he doesn't show up. If he comes here and leaves without picking he'll be skipped immediately?" That didn't even cross my mind at the time because like you said we've been in the same pools for a while now. I was sure if you came here before 12 you'd pick.

I was kind of annoyed with how you reacted too, maybe because I didn't expect it. Though perhaps that's because I didn't understand your perspective of having the extra time revoked right away.

Reactions: Khabby

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I've been here waiting like for the whole day to get a chance to pick. I saw khabby was online so I thought for sure he was going to pick and it didn't happen. I think its fair to skip at that point even though he had "more" time.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Yes that's what I mean. Fair enough on the caring thing. Just thinking from my perspective, I'm here wondering what's going on given the circumstances.

I get being annoyed reading you had time just to find it was removed. I do. That's the only thing I perhaps regret. I wanted to keep everyone else informed on what's up given the 12 hours had passed, so those after you could plan a time they know they can pick. Not sure how to word it otherwise though. "He has until 12 if he doesn't show up. If he comes here and leaves without picking he'll be skipped immediately?" That didn't even cross my mind at the time because like you said we've been in the same pools for a while now. I was sure if you came here before 12 you'd pick.

I was kind of annoyed with how you reacted too, maybe because I didn't expect it. Though perhaps that's because I didn't understand your perspective of having the extra time revoked right away.

I apologize for how I reacted too, I was just too quick to react. I have no problem with being skipped if I miss my clock, Im fast to skip people who time out myself. Just having a busy year where I am a alot more under prepared for this pool at this time haha

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I was just about take Seider. Oh well, I was also debating whether to take Nolan Foote instead and I guess you helped with that decision. Nolan Foote it is!

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I was just about take Seider. Oh well, I was also debating whether to take Nolan Foote instead and I guess you helped with that decision. Nolan Foote it is!

And I was deciding which would be the top on my list if BOTH those guys lasted to my next pick.

Thanks to you both for helping me no longer have that decision. :sarcasm:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
And I was deciding which would be the top on my list if BOTH those guys lasted to my next pick.

Thanks to you both for helping me no longer have that decision. :sarcasm:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This draft reminds me of the movie “Titanic”. At first everyone is quite calm and they are almost casual about the fact that the ship is taking on water. Then they hit the literal tipping point and s#!t starts to get real pretty damn fast!

Reactions: Zemgus26

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Give me about a half hour guys. Currently working and not supposed to be on my cell. I’m about 95% certain who I want but need to wait for a break to do last minute information checks that I failed to do when Hayton was released and I can’t do that now

This doesn’t mean I get skipped :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This feels like my version of Heinola. I must be missing something as I almost picked him last time. Tbhe last survivor of me list.

Jonatan Berggren

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Berggren was one of 3 I've been mulling over for this selection and hoping would slide. So I suppose my decision is a little easier now ;)

I will select Patrik Puistola.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Berggren was one of 3 I've been mulling over for this selection and hoping would slide. So I suppose my decision is a little easier now ;)

I will select Patrik Puistola.

Puistola was my backup plan. Along with 1 other guy who I hope survives the next 3 picks.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Berggren was #2 on my forward list behind Höglander who I'm going to pick.

Nils Höglander and Anttoni Honka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad