Pool: 8th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Live Updates

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I guess I’m in the right place at the right time. Barrett Hayton.

I was in the wrong place but not the right time, the time being the lack of time I spent last minute reading of anything before I picked. The news was out an hour before I picked dammit :mad:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I mean I had Kupari ranked 4th overall(ahead of Turcotte but picked Turcotte at 8 because I thought Kupari would get to 13) before Hayton bumps him to 5th so it's not that annoying like it would be in say round 4 or 5, but it's still damn annoying. I feel stupid

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Hayton is a great pick there, but I think Kupari really is too.

Think that "mistake" may actually pay off for you in the end!

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Kupari is a great pick, he will lead the Finnish offense for sure. He was going to have a big role but because of Lundell's injury all eyes are on him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I knew this draft would be all over the place. My top 7 are all off the board now, but my next 9 are all still there. Granted that was before some injury issues popped up. Probably a terrible ranking on my part as well as there's currently been 4 guys taken that were outside my top 30. No you're not getting names. I don't want to look like more of an idiot ;)

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I knew this draft would be all over the place. My top 7 are all off the board now, but my next 9 are all still there. Granted that was before some injury issues popped up. Probably a terrible ranking on my part as well as there's currently been 4 guys taken that were outside my top 30. No you're not getting names. I don't want to look like more of an idiot ;)
Well I don't even have a ranking. :D

I do my research as I get my picks.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well I don't even have a ranking. :D

I do my research as I get my picks.

My list is only really a guideline anyway. Just so I know where to look when it's my turn rather than miss someone completely(ironic eh?). For example the 18th best available guy on my list is probably top 10 from what's left now that I reconsider. Maybe even top 5.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
My list is only really a guideline anyway. Just so I know where to look when it's my turn rather than miss someone completely(ironic eh?). For example the 18th best available guy on my list is probably top 10 from what's left now that I reconsider. Maybe even top 5.
Yeah maybe I should make my own list lol.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I mean I had Kupari ranked 4th overall(ahead of Turcotte but picked Turcotte at 8 because I thought Kupari would get to 13) before Hayton bumps him to 5th so it's not that annoying like it would be in say round 4 or 5, but it's still damn annoying. I feel stupid

I was so close to pick Kupari but didn't feel like picking a finn :laugh: So I picked Robertson instead who I really don't know much about but I got a good gut feeling about him. Think those type of players tend to do well in this tournament

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I’m going on the assumption the Russians are smart enough to use him, Yaroslav Askarov
This is a really interesting one. Askarov has impressed me when I’ve watched him more than any young goalie I’ve ever seen. It’s also well established that Bragin doesn’t like young players and this kid is YOUNG. However, we also saw a potential shift in mindset when he used Podkolzin a bunch last year after seeing Svechnikov perform well the previous tournament and put up good points with a team low ice time. I think he took some heat from the Kremlin on that one! :laugh:

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016

Turcotte will end up being a very good pick. I think he's in the conversation for players who could lead this tournament in points. It doesn't hurt that he's on a gold medal-calibre team as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad