8K vs. 7K Helmet

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL
So now that Reebok does not make the 8K anymore how comparable is the 7K? From looking at the 2 online I notice that the 7K does not have the microdial, but is that the only difference? I am planning on trying on the 7K and possibly picking it up this weekend but was wondering if it was a major step down from the 8K. Any help from the guys on here that work at LHS's and had any insight would be great.

By the way I was going to just buy the 8k online but they do not have my size/color anywhere.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
No it's not a major step down. The helmet should fit you without the microdial and because of that, I would say the 7K=8K for simplicity's sake. The 5K is basically your 4K shell + 6K foams

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL
No it's not a major step down. The helmet should fit you without the microdial and because of that, I would say the 7K=8K for simplicity's sake. The 5K is basically your 4K shell + 6K foams

Great thanks for the info. I am going to go try it on anyways to make sure I like the fit, but I wanted to get some insider info on it first. You were actually the guys I was hoping would reply, so thanks again.

elevation

May 25, 2007
Germany
no...7k has the same 6k plastic subshell (with carbon print) and no Microdial = the old 6K (epp)...carbon fiber (like 8k) is only used for the 11k, which got a new shell plus Microdial II...5k is no longer the Jofa 690 shell, it's a 4k with epp, 4k got a bit different vn (lower).

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
no...7k has the same 6k plastic subshell (with carbon print) and no Microdial = the old 6K (epp)...carbon fiber (like 8k) is only used for the 11k, which got a new shell plus Microdial II...5k is no longer the Jofa 690 shell, it's a 4k with epp, 4k got a bit different vn (lower).

Essentially, and I stressed that point in my other post, you can put an equivalent tag on it too; 7K = 8K in terms of protection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->