8K vs. 7K Helmet

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by ChiTownHawks, Aug 17, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. ChiTownHawks

ChiTownHawks Registered User

Engineer
    So now that Reebok does not make the 8K anymore how comparable is the 7K? From looking at the 2 online I notice that the 7K does not have the microdial, but is that the only difference? I am planning on trying on the 7K and possibly picking it up this weekend but was wondering if it was a major step down from the 8K. Any help from the guys on here that work at LHS's and had any insight would be great.

By the way I was going to just buy the 8k online but they do not have my size/color anywhere.

2. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

No it's not a major step down. The helmet should fit you without the microdial and because of that, I would say the 7K=8K for simplicity's sake. The 5K is basically your 4K shell + 6K foams

3. ChiTownHawks

ChiTownHawks Registered User

Engineer
    Great thanks for the info. I am going to go try it on anyways to make sure I like the fit, but I wanted to get some insider info on it first. You were actually the guys I was hoping would reply, so thanks again.

4. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

No problem :) Let us know how it feels

5. elevation

elevation Registered User

no...7k has the same 6k plastic subshell (with carbon print) and no Microdial = the old 6K (epp)...carbon fiber (like 8k) is only used for the 11k, which got a new shell plus Microdial II...5k is no longer the Jofa 690 shell, it's a 4k with epp, 4k got a bit different vn (lower).

6. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

Essentially, and I stressed that point in my other post, you can put an equivalent tag on it too; 7K = 8K in terms of protection.