8K vs. 7K Helmet

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by ChiTownHawks, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ChiTownHawks

ChiTownHawks Registered User

Engineer
    So now that Reebok does not make the 8K anymore how comparable is the 7K? From looking at the 2 online I notice that the 7K does not have the microdial, but is that the only difference? I am planning on trying on the 7K and possibly picking it up this weekend but was wondering if it was a major step down from the 8K. Any help from the guys on here that work at LHS's and had any insight would be great.

By the way I was going to just buy the 8k online but they do not have my size/color anywhere.

2. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

No it's not a major step down. The helmet should fit you without the microdial and because of that, I would say the 7K=8K for simplicity's sake. The 5K is basically your 4K shell + 6K foams

3. ChiTownHawks

ChiTownHawks Registered User

Engineer
    Great thanks for the info. I am going to go try it on anyways to make sure I like the fit, but I wanted to get some insider info on it first. You were actually the guys I was hoping would reply, so thanks again.

4. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

No problem :) Let us know how it feels

5. elevation

elevation Registered User

no...7k has the same 6k plastic subshell (with carbon print) and no Microdial = the old 6K (epp)...carbon fiber (like 8k) is only used for the 11k, which got a new shell plus Microdial II...5k is no longer the Jofa 690 shell, it's a 4k with epp, 4k got a bit different vn (lower).

6. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

Essentially, and I stressed that point in my other post, you can put an equivalent tag on it too; 7K = 8K in terms of protection.