OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The Child announced she would try a hamburger soon. I immediately went to McDonalds to make it happen. It has met with approval.

This is a proud day
Until tomorrow when she deems she no longer likes them. For reasons.
Hamburger but not cheeseburger? Gotta start somewhere.
For real though, it’s a great day when a kid branches out their eating habits beyond chicken nuggets and fruit.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Until tomorrow when she deems she no longer likes them. For reasons.
Hamburger but not cheeseburger? Gotta start somewhere.
For real though, it’s a great day when a kid branches out their eating habits beyond chicken nuggets and fruit.

For her, it's chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and fruit. She actually eats vegetables and always has, so we don't complain about her habits; she's already way ahead of the game there. She also f***ing loves medicine which is baffling because it does not taste better now than it always has. And yet she refuses to try way better foods. So yeah, massive victory today.

I did get her a cheeseburger, but she will only call it a hamburger because she's convinced the meat is ham. And she's cool with that despite not liking ham.

She refuses to recognize "cheeseburger" as a valid name because it isn't primarily cheese. I presume it will be two years before she has another.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
For her, it's chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and fruit. She actually eats vegetables and always has, so we don't complain about her habits; she's already way ahead of the game there. She also f***ing loves medicine which is baffling because it does not taste better now than it always has. And yet she refuses to try way better foods. So yeah, massive victory today.

I did get her a cheeseburger, but she will only call it a hamburger because she's convinced the meat is ham. And she's cool with that despite not liking ham.

She refuses to recognize "cheeseburger" as a valid name because it isn't primarily cheese. I presume it will be two years before she has another.
0685A302-6FCC-472A-BEA9-09A3E6C52E84.jpeg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
you might pay 20-30 cents more for a lousy 10 dollar burrito? The horror
Many other chains have also said they would be forced to hike prices if the federal minimum wage was raised.

From the article, it sounds like Chipotle pays their employees anywhere from $11 to $13/hour already, so they don't have too far to go if they have to raise their wage to $15. Think of all the other places that are no where close to $15/hour and what that will do.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Hey @DancingPanther i need a little help with my meds. sulfamethoxazole trimethoprim, it had a sunlight warning. How serious are we talking? I work outside.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Many other chains have also said they would be forced to hike prices if the federal minimum wage was raised.

From the article, it sounds like Chipotle pays their employees anywhere from $11 to $13/hour already, so they don't have too far to go if they have to raise their wage to $15. Think of all the other places that are no where close to $15/hour and what that will do.

fast food chains just need another excuse to raise prices. The average value meal at any chain is around 10 bucks at least around here. The fast food industry crying poor on this is quite frankly ridiculous.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
fast food chains just need another excuse to raise prices. The average value meal at any chain is around 10 bucks at least around here. The fast food industry crying poor on this is quite frankly ridiculous.

Shit even the dollar/value menu prices have gone up over the years. I don’t even think they call them dollar menus anymore. It’s like $2 for a double cheeseburger at McDonald’s on that menu for example.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think they call it a value menu now or some bs and I think it’s 1.50
Not sure on wording but value meal sounds right but a McDouble is $2.00, I believe.

What’s the difference between a McDouble and a double cheeseburger you ask? I believe a McDouble only has one slice of cheese. You can order a double cheeseburger though that has two pieces of cheese.

This all could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad