OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Are they making businesses pay it back?
They’re making everyone pay it back at some point or another.

Any money the government “gives” you is really just giving you your own money back.

If they’re going to be doing anything at this point the government should give employed people money as a way to incentivize people to join the work force and to reward those that worked this entire pandemic.

I personally am done with the major stimulus packages. The chickens are going to come home to roost.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
They’re making everyone pay it back at some point or another.

Any money the government “gives” you is really just giving you your own money back.

If they’re going to be doing anything at this point the government should give employed people money as a way to incentivize people to join the work force and to reward those that worked this entire pandemic.

I personally am done with the major stimulus packages. The chickens are going to come home to roost.
You should really consider what it's like for other people not in your exact financial/professional situation. Try some empathy.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You should really consider what it's like for other people not in your exact financial/professional situation. Try some empathy.
I have. There’s jobs out there. They are also mostly jobs that may not pay enough (ie Minimum wage) which is where extra money coming from the government helps get people back into the workforce while helping the businesses that are struggling and the people that are struggling.

Endlessly printing money will not work.

You also have no idea what I’ve had to do in order to keep a hundred or so people employed during this entire thing so... I’d prefer to not be told to have empathy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just raise the f***ing minimum wage to $15 (which is still too low to be honest). It's been far too long and $7.25 is a slap in the f***ing face.

Not that hard, if only the scumbags in DC would get out of the way. Over 60% over Americans want the minimum wage raised.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Just raise the f***ing minimum wage to $15 (which is still too low to be honest). It's been far too long and $7.25 is a slap in the f***ing face.

Not that hard, if only the scumbags in DC would get out of the way. Over 60% over Americans want the minimum wage raised.
Minimum wage jobs are meant to be low paying because they take little to no skill to do. You’re not supposed to have a minimum wage job your whole lift.
Yes minimum wage should be raised a bit, but an across the board national $15 minimum makes zero sense. $15 in Boise gets you a hell of a lot further than in Manhattan. If anything it should be raised by the local government at the city level with state oversight of need be.

On top of that, when everyone has $15, no one does. Prices of everything across the board will rise.
There are a metric ton of jobs available right now but no one wants to work them. Why would they when they are getting close to what they made (or more in some cases) just staying home? It’s sad seeing wawa and other places offering a $500 incentive to work.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Minimum wage jobs are meant to be low paying because they take little to no skill to do. You’re not supposed to have a minimum wage job your whole lift.
Yes minimum wage should be raised a bit, but an across the board national $15 minimum makes zero sense. $15 in Boise gets you a hell of a lot further than in Manhattan. If anything it should be raised by the local government at the city level with state oversight of need be.

On top of that, when everyone has $15, no one does. Prices of everything across the board will rise.
There are a metric ton of jobs available right now but no one wants to work them. Why would they when they are getting close to what they made (or more in some cases) just staying home? It’s sad seeing wawa and other places offering a $500 incentive to work.

I'm not at all surprised that you replied to that with such a bullshit-riddled post. This isn't even worth responding to. Everything you just typed has been debunked in multiple ways. It's just the last decade of Fox News guest talking points all thrown into a few paragraphs. :laugh:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Need to stop job shaming people. If someone works 40 hours a week they deserve a living wage. The job exists for a reason.

Funny how we found out how much more ESSENTIAL to society some of these low paying jobs were than others.

Reactions: Rebels57

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I'm not at all surprised that you replied to that with such a bullshit-riddled post. This isn't even worth responding to. Everything you just typed has been debunked in multiple ways. It's just the last decade of Fox News guest talking points all thrown into a few paragraphs. :laugh:
Ok so you work at a farm, and get paid 7.25 and the farmer sells the lettuce for $1. The store sells it for $1.99. If he farmer has to double your pay, he just eats the difference? No. He raises the price he sells the lettuce to the stores.
Then the market has to double the produce guys wage while paying more for the lettuce. They’re also not just going to eat the difference.
I don’t care what experts have said on this. This is basic common sense. Businesses are out to make money. Period.
How does wawa offering sign on bonuses get debunked?
How does cost of living differ from city to city get debunked?
How is the sheer amount of jobs available get debunked?
After all you said everything I said was debunked?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Need to stop job shaming people. If someone works 40 hours a week they deserve a living wage. The job exists for a reason.

Funny how we found out how much more ESSENTIAL to society some of these low paying jobs were than others.
Any other buzzwords you want to put into that paragraph or do you have an original thought you’d like to share?
A plumbers apprentice makes about $9 to start. He is the definition of unskilled labor. He won’t get a raise until he can show that he is trustworthy, able to learn, shows up on time, and can take on more responsibility. That raise might take him to $11. In neither case does he deserve to make the amount a journeyman makes, about $15 to start.
Someone just getting hired at McDonalds does not deserve to make $15, they have zero skills in their low skilled job. Let’s just say they start there though.
The plumber has to start his apprentice at 15, journeyman around 21 and master over 30. It makes zero sense.
The minimum wage should be increased, I’m not disputing that, but believing that a minimum wage job should give you a comfortable life with disposable income also makes no sense. It should give you enough cash to buy what you need.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Last year our Governor vetoed a raise in the minimum wage. Later that year he accepted a 20k raise per year. Pissed off a lot of people obviously

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Ok so you work at a farm, and get paid 7.25 and the farmer sells the lettuce for $1. The store sells it for $1.99. If he farmer has to double your pay, he just eats the difference? No. He raises the price he sells the lettuce to the stores.
Then the market has to double the produce guys wage while paying more for the lettuce. They’re also not just going to eat the difference.
I don’t care what experts have said on this. This is basic common sense. Businesses are out to make money. Period.
How does wawa offering sign on bonuses get debunked?
How does cost of living differ from city to city get debunked?
How is the sheer amount of jobs available get debunked?
After all you said everything I said was debunked?

yet food prices keep going up all the while keeping the wage the same. I had to work for 11 bucks a hour for 18 months after I left a job I had to leave for medical reasons. Living paycheck to paycheck is no fun. Thankfully I didn’t have to decide between paying rent or groceries during a pay period. But plenty still do. It’s not that easy to find a job that pays a good wage.
Businesses have to make money, but people have to have a roof over their heads, have health insurance, food on the table and that’s just the minimum.
The greed in this country has been going out of control for decades. Some people are fine with the gap between the rich and poor widening every minute.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
yet food prices keep going up all the while keeping the wage the same. I had to work for 11 bucks a hour for 18 months after I left a job I had to leave for medical reasons. Living paycheck to paycheck is no fun. Thankfully I didn’t have to decide between paying rent or groceries during a pay period. But plenty still do. It’s not that easy to find a job that pays a good wage.
Businesses have to make money, but people have to have a roof over their heads, have health insurance, food on the table and that’s just the minimum.
The greed in this country has been going out of control for decades. Some people are fine with the gap between the rich and poor widening every minute.
There’s a fine line between both.
I hope your medical issues are resolved or as least manageable

I also did agree that the minimum wage needs to be raised. My stance is that 15 is too high, people need to stop acting like minimum wage jobs are not stepping stones towards management inside the same job or a better job elsewhere, and that doubling the nations minimum wage will have zero impact on prices.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Anyway, Guess who is getting called for jury duty. This guy. This after the guy I give a ride to work every day had jury duty this past week. That’s what I get for saying I never have been called for Jury duty.
That’s one of the creatures you never name by name. I’m risking it even commenting on this post.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You guys are focused on the wrong shit

feature_drones_opener.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Lol, no surprise by this response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->