OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah. I've bumped into bears when doing ecological assessments. They ran away from me as fast as I did from them. They're generally not interested in being close to humans, so we typically try to make noise when we're in their country, as they'll evacuate before we ever see them. But god forbid I ever come upon a cub after passing through some heavy brush.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To be fair, it's the house she grew up in. She didn't have the siding, really.

Then again, neither did her parents after the goats were through.

Goats rule.

I once had a fat goat pin me against a wall at my knees so I couldn't move. It did this so I would rub it. Once the goat was done being rubbed it let me go.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
'
Yeah. I've bumped into bears when doing ecological assessments. They ran away from me as fast as I did from them. They're generally not interested in being close to humans, so we typically try to make noise when we're in their country, as they'll evacuate before we ever see them. But god forbid I ever come upon a cub after passing through some heavy brush.
The bears I've run into "in the woods" have always run away.
The ones I've seen in the Poconos are not afraid of people at all.

Probably my most contentious bear encounter was in Shenandoah NP. Rounded a corner...a cub...then a sow. 15 feet away. Then, another cub down below in a hollow, and mama was calling. We all laid back and were quiet, and they moved on.

I hike frequently in the Adirondacks and have never had a bear encounter there, even though I hear that they can be very aggressive at times. I do my best to try to practice good bear country preventative measures at that time. I'm usually by myself as well.

Reactions: ajgoal

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Goats are pretty cool. They are also delicious. Part of the reason that I'd have trouble having a farm.

goat.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
No wonder nobody wants to work..

Mystery malware steals 26M passwords from 3M PCs. Are you affected?

“The truth is, anyone can get their hands on custom malware,” the researchers wrote. “It’s cheap, customizable, and can be found all over the web. Dark web ads for these viruses uncover even more truth about this market. For instance, anyone can get their own custom malware and even lessons on how to use the stolen data for as little as $100. And custom does mean custom—advertisers promise that they can build a virus to attack virtually any app the buyer needs.”

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just finished Mare of Easttown last night. Really good show, but not life-changing or anything. Really fun ride for sure though. I thought Julianne Nicholson (Lori Ross) was the best actor on the show. She and Evan Peters were both phenomenal for me.

Agreed, she was really good. In general the whole cast did a good job. Except for Winslet.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Agreed, she was really good. In general the whole cast did a good job. Except for Winslet.
I think I remember you saying she was trying too hard to be frumpy and whatnot, which I can definitely see after watching. I will say though, I've worked in Delco doing construction management on multiple occasions, and those types of people really do exist in that region. It may seem like she was overdoing it (and she certainly did at some points), but for the most part she got it pretty dead on. I know it hurts you to think people like that actually walk this planet. :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I think I remember you saying she was trying too hard to be frumpy and whatnot, which I can definitely see after watching. I will say though, I've worked in Delco doing construction management on multiple occasions, and those types of people really do exist in that region. It may seem like she was overdoing it (and she certainly did at some points), but for the most part she got it pretty dead on. I know it hurts you to think people like that actually walk this planet. :laugh:
Did you watch the little 10 minute feature after the final episode? They went into how they had to learn the whole Delco dialect lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->