OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Greens look soft, grip and rip it.
It was a scramble, but I was playing great. Had the long drive on the long drive hole, but we didn't finish so.

More photos.

IMG_20210608_213903.jpg
IMG_20210608_213932.png

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I've hiked in northern NH and NY many times and have never seen a moose. I've seen moose tracks and moose crap, but never an actual moose. It's one of my bucket list items.

That being said, this is an entire other dimension of massiveness. Eff your truck. Get out of here!

Sounded like the driver had even hit the E-brake too. No fuss for the elephant.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That ep was crazy, but as a whole, that series is getting seriously overrated. It reminds me a ton of "The Undoing" last year - Nicole Kidman's performance was just ... weird and off. Winslet is working so hard to seem exhausted and put-upon and frumpy as balls that it doesn't feel lived in at all. The guy who played Colin was great, especially in that scene at the bar where he was drunk. Overall it's worth watching, and it's mostly exciting to see how they get to the end, but there is a whole lot of filler which isn't great. It's a real tortured caricature of "working-class people" that is bursting at the seams with the effort to appear "naturalistic."

My sister's entire review is that it's great because they talk regionally. I'm gonna need more than that, if I want to hear regional talk I'll call my uncle and ask him how he boils sausage in water

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I've hiked in northern NH and NY many times and have never seen a moose. I've seen moose tracks and moose crap, but never an actual moose. It's one of my bucket list items.

That being said, this is an entire other dimension of massiveness. Eff your truck. Get out of here!

Sounded like the driver had even hit the E-brake too. No fuss for the elephant.

There weren't roaming elephants, but as a kid always enjoyed the drive-thru safari(now not drive-thru with your own vehicles) at Great Adventure in NJ. Seeing monkeys rip off a dude's antenna is prob one of my fav childhood vacation memories.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
There weren't roaming elephants, but as a kid always enjoyed the drive-thru safari(now not drive-thru with your own vehicles) at Great Adventure in NJ. Seeing monkeys rip off a dude's antenna is prob one of my fav childhood vacation memories.
I have a vague memory of going there once, maybe the late 70s? I would have only been 5 years old or so. Did they have goats that roamed around the roadway? (note - I dislike goats and their effed-up pupils).

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

There used to be warning signs to roll up the windows when you hit the monkey area. Buddy of mine watched a family feeding the monkeys bananas. When they inevitably ran out, one of the monkeys squatted and took a dump on their windshield.

I have a vague memory of going there once, maybe the late 70s? I would have only been 5 years old or so. Did they have goats that roamed around the roadway? (note - I dislike goats and their effed-up pupils).

I don't remember goats. The had giraffes, big cats, and the aforementioned monkeys.

There was one in north north Jersey, Jungle Habitat, which is known to have had animals escape. Supposedly people still see non-native animals in the area that they attribute to the park.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
What could possibly go wrong?

I guess nothing, in that particular instance?

My family shares a cabin in the Poconos (not all that far from "home") and black bears come around at any time of the day. In years past I've been busy lighting fireworks, and then, on the side of the property (designated wetland), there was a bear standing there so we all hurried into the cabin.

Many of those bears seem to be habituated, but I never trust any of them. They're still wild animals, and one swat from a bear will rip half of your face off. They look bumbly and slow, but they are quick as hell.

Last edited:

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
There used to be warning signs to roll up the windows when you hit the monkey area. Buddy of mine watched a family feeding the monkeys bananas. When they inevitably ran out, one of the monkeys squatted and took a dump on their windshield.

I don't remember goats. The had giraffes, big cats, and the aforementioned monkeys.

There was one in north north Jersey, Jungle Habitat, which is known to have had animals escape. Supposedly people still see non-native animals in the area that they attribute to the park.
I guess it was the usual African animals, and my 5 year old self just decided from that point on to hate goats....warranted or unwarranted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad