Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Height: 6'
Weight: 180
Position: Right Wing
Shoots: Right
Birthplace: Gavle, Sweden

thumb_1428457697969_735566.jpg

A smooth skating winger with tremendous playmaking ability. Possesses good puckhandling skills and can weave his way into the offensive end and make plays on a consistent basis. In terms of passing, he can find a seam in a fog; don't be fooled into thinking he is simply a passer, as he also exhibits a very sneaky, erratic shot that often finds its way to the back of the net. All-in-all, a smart, offensive winger that is poised with the puck and makes creative on-ice decisions that lead to dangerous scoring chances. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=146691#sthash.A8xNRsre.dpuf

Ranked #99 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #63 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #81 by Future Considerations
Ranked #10 by NHL Central Scouting (EU Skaters) -

A solid all-round forward…no real standout qualities but good at many aspects…has a smooth and effortless stride married with good balance…a quick first step and good top speed…his hockey sense and ability to hold on to the puck are his big plusses…will use his frame to battle for pucks but will never be called a physical player…smooth hands but not Patrick Kane like by any stretch…has a good wrist shot but prefers to pass… in the right position in both ends of the ice and does not quit on the play…off to an impressive start in the SHL. (December 2014)

I didn’t know much about Jens Looke at the start of the season. After watching him play in Sweden and at the World Junior Championships, Looke started climbing my draft rankings. While Sweden failed to medal, Looke made his mark on me and other scouts with his elusive stickhandling and impeccable vision around the ice.

The young Swede from Galve is most dangerous along the perimeter. He has dazzling footwork that can stop on a dime and change direction before the defender knows what hit him. Looke pairs that agility with quick dangles that allow him time to find teammates lurking around the net. While his passing is typically spot on, he does tend to pass at ill-advised points in the game from time to time. Always looking for that perfect pass can lead to turnovers and rushes the other way.

Looke is also a dangerous shooter. I haven’t seen many players who can release the puck as quick as he can. His commitment to forechecking is also one of his best aspects. He always wants the opportunity to create and that can only happen when he has the puck, so his speed allows him to chase opponents down and transition the game back into the offensive zone. This draft is already deep and it will be tough for Looke to end up a 1st round selection, but one team in the 2nd round would be more than happy to have him in their prospect pool.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jens-looke-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

“A very smart and attentive player who always seem to be at the right spot at the right time. Played very well against older competition during the World Juniors and showed that he’s capable of handling a big role. Has made the best of his opportunity in the SHL and shows that he’s not intimidated by playing against men. Needs to work more on his skating.”

“Competing against men in Sweden’s top league, Lööke has not looked out of place and his slowly increasing minutes reflect his rookie success. As an underager on Sweden’s WJC squad, Lööke flashed some of his promising offensive abilities and was trusted by Rikard Grönberg during critical game moments, scoring three goals in seven games. Lööke has good wheels and competes at a high intensity, showcasing creative passing and an element of elusiveness, sneaking into scoring areas uncontested. The young Swede is an intriguing prospect with good longterm upside.”

Brendan Ross – Dobber Sports

“Interesting sleeper who is averaged sized, but has significant upside based on his all-around skill and puck handling ability. Really strong on the puck and a deft passer on the move. Has a variety of fakes and can convince defenders he is taking the shot while he is making time for one of his teammates to actually get the puck to make the play. Has good instincts and good handling the biscuit on the PP. Has shown improving compete level at both ends and must continue to be a better player when he doesn’t possess it. Was on his homeland’s team roster for the World Junior Under-20 at Christmas 2014.“

Bill Placzek – DraftSite.com

GettyImages-461056142.0.jpg

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Not enthused about Warren at the moment, but Looke is a good value pick at 83. Turned some heads with his great performance in the WJCs despite being the youngest player on Team Sweden.

Ebbisen

Jun 5, 2012
Lurking the HF board
Not enthused about Warren at the moment, but Looke is a good value pick at 83. Turned some heads with his great performance in the WJCs despite being the youngest player on Team Sweden.

This, great value pick, he really impressed me at the WJC, making the right decisions almost every time

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just an update on Lööke for you guys.

He had an absurd game today in the J20.

3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +5.

Now on the year is:

4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points, +7 in 6 games in the J20, and has had 2 limited appearances in the SHL.

I was a bit disappointed in him not making the SHL team properly this year, as he held his own last year in the big time, but while starting slow in J20 he has certainly found his groove in the last few games in numbers are anything to go by!

He just needs to press on and get himself full-time into the SHL this year, Brynäs are very deep up front, and there is really no place in the top 9 for him, but I think if he plays well he should get himself onto the team full-time on the 4th line... he should be beating out Linus Ölund really.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Just an update on Lööke for you guys.

He had an absurd game today in the J20.

3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +5.

Now on the year is:

4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points, +7 in 6 games in the J20, and has had 2 limited appearances in the SHL.

I was a bit disappointed in him not making the SHL team properly this year, as he held his own last year in the big time, but while starting slow in J20 he has certainly found his groove in the last few games in numbers are anything to go by!

He just needs to press on and get himself full-time into the SHL this year, Brynäs are very deep up front, and there is really no place in the top 9 for him, but I think if he plays well he should get himself onto the team full-time on the 4th line... he should be beating out Linus Ölund really.

Sweet thanks for the update.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He had a really good game the game before last (on the 15th) had a few shots and glanced one off the bar.

However Brynas are really deep up front, and he was only playing due to injury. Therefore yesterday they sent him out on loan to Almtuna IS in the 2nd tier. (Allsvenskan) Should be good for him, he will get far more minutes and PP time I reckon.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
He had a really good game the game before last (on the 15th) had a few shots and glanced one off the bar.

However Brynas are really deep up front, and he was only playing due to injury. Therefore yesterday they sent him out on loan to Almtuna IS in the 2nd tier. (Allsvenskan) Should be good for him, he will get far more minutes and PP time I reckon.

Sounds like it will be great for him. Best of both worlds in playing against men but also getting the offensive game to develop. Thanks for the updates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad