OT: 82nd Obsequious Banter Thread: a thread for Bunny facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
AT&T combining TimeWarner with Discovery is pretty big news. Trying to compete with Disney, Netflix and Amazon Prime for real.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Speaking of streaming services. Netflix teaming up with Riot Games to produce a League of Legends anime series is HUGE. Leagues popularity is out of control. Netflix is going to surge if that show is a success and they continue producing content in tandem with them

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
AT&T combining TimeWarner with Discovery is pretty big news. Trying to compete with Disney, Netflix and Amazon Prime for real.
Is this why my wife’s devil app(discovery) got her other devil channel(lifetime) the other day?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Speaking of streaming services. Netflix teaming up with Riot Games to produce a League of Legends anime series is HUGE. Leagues popularity is out of control. Netflix is going to surge if that show is a success and they continue producing content in tandem with them
I would think it’s the other way around. There is no one out there that is not aware that Netflix exists. There are plenty of people that do not know that league of legends exists or is still popular.
I think LoL will see a temporary boost in players rather than Netflix getting a temp boost in subs.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I thought they are divesting their stake in TimeWarner so they wont be involved with them at all anymore.
I suppose that I mis-worded that, but yes they are, but Time Warner is being merged into a new company combined with Discovery. Current Discovery CEO is taking over this new business which includes, HBO, CNN, HGTV, TNT, TBS, DC Comics, Cartoon Network, Discovery, Animal Planet, Food Network, Warner Bros., Cinemax, HLN, and more. They are planning on investing 20B a year in content. Discovery+ and HBO Max will likely be merged into 1 giant streaming service.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'm pretty sure they got the rights to the entire "One Piece" catalogue, which is upwards of 970 episodes so far (and the greatest thing the Earth has ever seen), so it sure seems like they are looking to lock up the anime crown. Which is f***ing awesome.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
184021792_10226610336429461_4584390993907649293_n.jpg

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'm pretty sure they got the rights to the entire "One Piece" catalogue, which is upwards of 970 episodes so far (and the greatest thing the Earth has ever seen), so it sure seems like they are looking to lock up the anime crown. Which is f***ing awesome.
yea netflix has invested pretty heavily into their anime catalog. It's interesting that they don't have the full series available for a lot of the popular IPs though. For example while there are almost 1000 episodes of One Piece I think only the first 130 are on US Netflix. Naruto is missing the entire Shippuden series. Bleach only has the Soul Society and Bount arcs.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
yea netflix has invested pretty heavily into their anime catalog. It's interesting that they don't have the full series available for a lot of the popular IPs though. For example while there are almost 1000 episodes of One Piece I think only the first 130 are on US Netflix. Naruto is missing the entire Shippuden series. Bleach only has the Soul Society and Bount arcs.

But I think that's changing with "One Piece," so hopefully they will follow suit and add to the rest of them. They had/have the first 48 eps of "Fairy Tail" and I downloaded the other ~275 episodes at 1080p, which is why my internet is being throttled to within an inch of the monkeys' lives until Friday, when the monthly data resets.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->