GDT: #82| Rangers vs Penguins| SatApr6@7PMest| ATTSN-PT, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
cut.jpg

The Rangers (31-36-14) stumble into Pittsburgh to finish off their meaningless season.
The Penguins (44-26-11) awaken to find themselves in the playoffs and having to play one more, mostly meaningless game.

Possible Penguins Lines ;);)
Simon-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Blueger-Cullen-Wilson
Rust-Malkin-Kessel
McCann-Crosby-Guentzel
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson
Maatta-Letang
DeSmith
Murray

The thing that matters? Another season is coming to a close. The Pens have made the playoffs for 13 straight seasons. They will have another chance to run the tables and win it all.

Possible Ranges Lines;);)
LW-C-RW
LW-C-RW
LW-C-RW
LW-C-RW
LD-RD
LD-RD
LD-RD
Sieve
Tantrum

fa007d01b68a3f0637584703448479b7.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has commented, argued, given up, and helped run HFPens this year. Posters, yes, maybe even you, are going to to need to step up and build GDTs for the playoffs.

041815_87_02.gif

Let's
Go
Pens!

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Need to win to play NYI instead of Washington in the first round. (Zero % chance that the Flyers beat Carolina tonight.)

*EDIT or at least go to OT
I am torn about it actually.... on one hand I am 100% sure if they face Washington in the first round there is zero% chance they overlook them like they may the Islanders, on the other hand facing Washington round 2 is traditional and eliminates the problem where if they beat their first round opponent they take their foot off the gas pedel looking ahead to a potential powerhouse in the ecf...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I think people get a bit too invested in what is ultimately a totally arbitrary thing, but I also think Sid is one of those people.

I feel like he is gonna go hard for 100 tonight.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think people get a bit too invested in what is ultimately a totally arbitrary thing, but I also think Sid is one of those people.

I feel like he is gonna go hard for 100 tonight.
If anything, I think he would be annoyed with it simply because he's as close as he is. I don't think he really cares about his own point totals in general though. I am positive Sid would be more excited if Jake hits 40 goals than if he hits 100 points himself.

I do think he goes hard tonight, but I think that's for the sake of wanting to hit the playoffs running.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Do we have the tiebreaker over Isles? Not that it matters. I'm sure the Caps let them win.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sid with a 56 point night. Jake scores his 19th goal when he knucklepucks a slapper through the net and end boards, embedding itself in the concrete under the seats.

Letang and Murray are injured and unavailable for the post-season.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sid with a 56 point night. Jake scores his 19th goal when he knucklepucks a slapper through the net and end boards, embedding itself in the concrete under the seats.

Letang and Murray are injured and unavailable for the post-season.

Ban

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Most everyone is. He’s probably just trying to be a hipster
that's me, big hipster guy.

Ideally we get both. But I think Jake getting 40 for the first time is a cooler achievement. Especially since an ES goal would tie him with Ovi for 3rd in the league.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sid gets a point, then teases to hit 100 points all game long. Then he has a chance to score an empty net, but decides to pass to _____ (insert a player’s name) who misses the net and cost Crosby the 100 points milestone.

This sounds exactly like what will happen. Either that or he'll coast the entire game and not even get a point.

Reactions: Sidmieux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->