OT: 81st Obsequious Banter Thread: Provorov Squared or One Twarynski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If you memed it up and bought $10 of Dogecoin a year ago, you'd have $1300+ today.
I am so mad....I was following the whole Bitcoin meme way back around the time of the financial crisis. Was watching this dude Max Keiser on RT. He amused me with his contrarian views but who knew his whole pimping of Bitcoin would be spot on. I would now be hosting crypto parties in Miami on my yacht and partying it up like Matt Gaetz....grr!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I am so mad....I was following the whole Bitcoin meme way back around the time of the financial crisis. Was watching this dude Max Keiser on RT. He amused me with his contrarian views but who knew his whole pimping of Bitcoin would be spot on. I would now be hosting crypto parties in Miami on my yacht and partying it up like Matt Gaetz....grr!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am fascinated by blockchain and curious to see how the digital Yuan plays out......I do think the dollar's days are numbered but it still is the world's trade currency by a huge margin. Why we gotta freakin take advantage of the cheap money and actually invest in the country's capabilities not freakin cater to tax cuts which fuels market speculation and concentration of wealth..

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I have no idea what any of this means nor do I participate but I enjoy seeing the game turned around the rich :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ers in this country.
The financial establishment is trying to rein it in by regulating it...but it really has its own inertia. Cutting out the middle man in high finance is a massive deal. It is why you got Visa trying to get in on it with their crypto card.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I am fascinated by blockchain and curious to see how the digital Yuan plays out......I do think the dollar's days are numbered but it still is the world's trade currency by a huge margin. Why we gotta freakin take advantage of the cheap money and actually invest in the country's capabilities not freakin cater to tax cuts which fuels market speculation and concentration of wealth..
Yeah, I have money in projects that I believe in the technology, not joke/useless coins like Doge, but I'm in it for the potential cash gains. IMO USD will be king for a long time. Crypto is in a bull market right now like it was in '11, '13, and '17, so it doesn't really take an expert like Gordon Gekko to make some money. It will come back down substantially, but nobody knows when.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I stand firm that we’re in a massive bubble that is being propped up by people pumping and dumping everything in get rich quick scams.

People find something that “sounds good” post about it. Other people pick up on it (influencers) and get in and then start talking about it a ton. Early people in make a ton and late get led to the slaughter.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, I have money in projects that I believe in the technology, not joke/useless coins like Doge, but I'm in it for the potential cash gains. IMO USD will be king for a long time. Crypto is in a bull market right now like it was in '11, '13, and '17, so it doesn't really take an expert like Gordon Gekko to make some money. It will come back down substantially, but nobody knows when.
I think the long game is definitely trying to leverage the blockchain tech...that is the transformative tech. Not sure how the crypto coins are going to fare...why I am interested in seeing how the Chinese digital yuan issued by their central bank will work with or against crypto. It is a big recent play by them. I know the Fed is looking to see about a digital dollar. Central banks are not going to give up their money printing/creation scheme so easily to a bunch of rogue actors...

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwarbomb

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I stand firm that we’re in a massive bubble that is being propped up by people pumping and dumping everything in get rich quick scams.

People find something that “sounds good” post about it. Other people pick up on it (influencers) and get in and then start talking about it a ton. Early people in make a ton and late get led to the slaughter.

A nice thing about crypto is unless you get in at absolute peak bubble, eventually the cycle repeats itself and you'll get it back with patience.

The real estate market is way more worrying. If evictions and foreclosures run rampant when the moratorium lifts that's gonna crash the housing market and economy.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Not true. I have a full head of hair (still) and years ago I had one of these beauties. I bought it for like $6K from a guy who was restoring it but gave up. I put the rest of it together (mainly electrical, bumpers, grill, etc...) and it was a good thing. Unfortunately I didn’t really do the wiring right and one day coming over the Ben Franklin bridge I heard some weird noise. Turned around and the damn thing was ON FIRE. The battery (and gas tank) were both located in the boot (on cars like this we call the trunk the “boot”) and the cable from the battery that ran through a bulkhead behind the seats up to the engine had been rubbing against the bare metal (I didn’t think to put a rubber grommet in there) and the sparks ignited the paint. Fortunately the gas tank didn’t explode and I wasn’t killed.

75525787-770-0@2X.jpg

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

How is this different from the stock market though? I mean not discounting asset bubbles and how there is profit in volatility...just that crypto is obviously not immune to the same dynamic. Frankly with China's rise ....the financial architecture that the US has dominated post WWII and since Bretton Woods is getting challenged pretty considerably and the Fed knows this...why they basically are backing more state sponsored capitalism/investment vs the BS "free" market capitalism that leads to speculation, asset bubbles and collapses requiring bailouts and central bank backing and liquidity laxatives by our own "Chairman" ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad