GDT: #81 - Senators vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Sam Reinhart is a dark horse trade candidate IMO. I wouldn’t agree with it, but I could see him in a Domi/Galchenyuk type deal.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
THis topic seems to have sailed right over your head since your flailing in several directions trying to argue it.

Fact: CJ Smith was arguably our best forward prospect in Rochester this year. Olofsson was right on his tail and a hair behind him. Nylander has not been near the level of either of them this year.

I’m using that fact to say CJ Smith probably has a better shot at starting on the NHL roster next year than Nylander.

I haven’t made a single prediction over what either one of them will be as NHLers. So for you to keep rambling about me not seeing something is a bit ridiculous.
No you seem lost. He is not a prospect. He is 25 yo to be 26 next December. He should dominate at that age he is the age of most career AHL vets. He may make a roster but he does not have the upside of Nylander.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I’ve been saying for a couple weeks he’s almost certainly playing hurt.

He hasn't looked right since the rubber ankle incident. He is a dynamic skater and uses his edges to create space, if you take that fine edge work from him hes just an opportunist goal scorer. It's not his drive or will to score, he had millions of reasons to hit 40 goals this year, something is surely wrong. Hopefully he can rehab it in the summer and comes back with the Sabres next year healthy and with a chip on his shoulder. Also hoping not hitting 40 shaves a bit of money off his projected asking price. He seemed to enjoy playing with Eichel, hopefully Housley didnt ruin that for us putting him on the third line.

He should have taken time off after a grisly looking ankle sprain instead of coming back to finish the game. Admire his determination, but the team staff should have known better.

Reactions: jd1970

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I’ve been saying for a couple weeks he’s almost certainly playing hurt.
Yeah the upper body strength hasn't been there the last month for Skinner, he hasn't been nearly as hard on the puck as he was, especially when it comes to puck battles. I bet he tweaked something.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Yeah the upper body strength hasn't been there the last month for Skinner, he hasn't been nearly as hard on the puck as he was, especially when it comes to puck battles. I bet he tweaked something.
Still the ankle?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What a great game to finish at home on. Most of the season stunk, but it's nice to end on a positive note. Especially nice to see Pommer score in what's likely his last game in Buffalo.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No you seem lost. He is not a prospect. He is 25 yo to be 26 next December. He should dominate at that age he is the age of most career AHL vets. He may make a roster but he does not have the upside of Nylander.
:facepalm:

How many times do I have to post that I’m not talking about either CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential before you grasp that I’m not talking about CJ SMith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential?

One more time?

I’m not talking about CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential.

I’ll do it again to make sure its finally sinks in

I’m not talking about CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential

Hopefully you finally get it now and stop accusing me of missing or not appreciating Nylander’s NHL potential.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
:facepalm:

How many times do I have to post that I’m not talking about either CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential before you grasp that I’m not talking about CJ SMith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential?

One more time?

I’m not talking about CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential.

I’ll do it again to make sure its finally sinks in

I’m not talking about CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential

Hopefully you finally get it now.

So are you aren't you talking about CJ Smith’s or Nylander’s NHL potential? You're being very obtuse.

Reactions: joshjull

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Jason <3

And Jack's ribs got plowed into the goalpost against Boston just after Christmas, and I'm pretty sure that's the thing that lingered.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->