Prospect Info: #81 Reilly Walsh (D)

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bost...walsh_brings_sought_after_skills_pedigree_to%

"He can move pucks, and he can really shoot it,†said one NHL scout who projects Walsh as a likely second-round pick. “It’s going to take a little adjustment for him, going into Harvard as a true freshman. But I really like him. There are a lot of comparisons to (the Nashville Predators’ Roman) Josi. I’m not saying he’s as far along as Josi, but he plays that kind of style. He likes to get up the ice and attack. He almost plays like a forward.â€

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

ep_11_walsh,_reilly.jpg

Now there's a cool looking jersey...
:sarcasm:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
How often are Harvard players good enough to leave prior to their 4th year? It's probably one guy every 3-5 years.

Louis Leblanc left after 1 year but I remember that was for academic reasons. Vesey could've left after his junior year but chose not to. Sean Malone did leave after his junior year, no idea whether he graduated. I'll be curious to see what Adam Fox does because he is certainly good enough to leave before his 4 years are up.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If I'm the Devils I offer him the ELC after his Freshman year. I expect he will turn them down but the show of good faith should form the bond that entices him to leave Harvard early and be happy to join the organization. What's the worst that happens? He says yes and starts playing professionally one year early?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He did an interview with Morralies a few days ago and he hinted he doesn't plan to stay the full 4 years.

I don't necessarily think that was a hint at all. He just said he's committed to the club and wants to help as soon as possible. Pretty generic response.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yea, that response doesn't come across as him not being committed to staying at Harvard for 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->