GDT: #81| Red Wings vs Penguins| ThrApr4@7PMest| ATTSN-PT, FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Great GDT! Grew up watching my father in a beer league, so the nostalgia is real. Ah man i'm not sure what to even post with the wolf shirt format in retirement. I want to see more and more from Phil these next to games. It might be the last regular season games he plays with us...the playoff race is getting cramped, we need to tie this shit up

When i think about the wolf shirt thing
giphy.gif

Gonna pick a random videogame gif each time now for luck
Wreck em boyos
giphy.webp

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Nice!

What rink is that, doesn't look familiar?

It shouldn't look familiar to most of y'all.

Near Sacramento....California...it was Skatetown in Roseville.

Not what I wanted to hear lol. No way this team can crash and burn at this point I hope

They COULD still miss. They need 1 pt I think to seal it...a win is even better.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
The hardest thing to figure out with this team right now is if that d-core looks worse on paper or on the ice.

I’m thinking it looks worse on the ice, which is nuts because it’s vomit inducing on paper.

Reactions: ColePens

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens need to kick into the next gear here. Win the next two and start the grind.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The pessimist in me recalls Letang saying he didn't feel right, and reports that he may not be ready for the start of the post season just a day ago. Is the return of Geno and Tanger a response to this team still needing a win to clinch, or are these guys actually healthy and ready to get some timing back and get their legs back before the real games begin?

Either way, it's never a bad thing to get guys like Malkin and Letang back into the lineup. Win tonight so we can definitively clinch. :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Just win. Yes we'll probably get help from Washington anyways but I don't wanna count on that.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
It shouldn't look familiar to most of y'all.

Near Sacramento....California...it was Skatetown in Roseville.

I am in Cali too...I know Roseville but I think that rink is relatively new (could be way off on that!)

We played a team from that rink two weeks ago at a tourney in Vegas. If you follow Vegas news (why woud you?) it was when there was an explosion at the Golden Knights practice facility. We literally had to crawl into the parking lot with our skates on!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Let's see if this team studied game tape and can plan a win. Because I have a bad feeling about their ability to and yeah I'm an ass but they've prove me right more than I wanted them to.

It would suck to make Cullen go out like that.

I mean chances are we could lose out and still get in, but I don't want to risk it and find out obviously.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I was looking at the assist stats for defensemen . When I saw Letang had 40 I was surprised considering he has been out for a while. Thats a huge number. Dumoulin is next in line with 20. Not sure if this is a factor or not but the number he has is staggering.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Haven't caught many games lately but how is Gubranson doing? Has he hit the wall yet?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's kind of a shame we need reinforcements against a team like the wings, but that's where we are.

The good news is we can still garner a favorable match up if we win our last two. And if we can't win these two games we don't deserve it anyhow.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm not sure whether Murray should start or not. On one hand, we still need a win to clinch a playoff spot, so this game means something. But on the other hand, if we lose anyways and have to win Saturday that means Murray plays then as well, which means he had zero break for pretty much the entire last couple of weeks before the playoffs.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I'm not sure whether Murray should start or not. On one hand, we still need a win to clinch a playoff spot, so this game means something. But on the other hand, if we lose anyways and have to win Saturday that means Murray plays then as well, which means he had zero break for pretty much the entire last couple of weeks before the playoffs.
Then we should just win tonight and rest him against NYR. Similar to how King Henrik will likely fall on his sword and allow Georgiev to start game 82.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I am in Cali too...I know Roseville but I think that rink is relatively new (could be way off on that!)

We played a team from that rink two weeks ago at a tourney in Vegas. If you follow Vegas news (why woud you?) it was when there was an explosion at the Golden Knights practice facility. We literally had to crawl into the parking lot with our skates on!

Ah, skatetown has been around at least 20 years...

I am surprised I didn't hear of that Las Vegas incident!

Did you all mess up your edges or were you literally crawling with feet up?

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Ah, skatetown has been around at least 20 years...

I am surprised I didn't hear of that Las Vegas incident!

Did you all mess up your edges or were you literally crawling with feet up?

Yeah they closed the facility for an hour or so, checked everything out then let us back in. Some kitchen personnel were taken to the hospital with some pretty serious burns. I think since the Knights were out of town it wasn't as big of a story.

Cooking fire at Golden Knights practice facility hurts 2

Seems much less exciting reading about it afterwards, lol.

Reactions: EightyOne

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

With the way Murray is playing why would you rest him?

He’s been Vezina caliber since coming back and will hit 50 games this year if he plays the remaining schedule.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Glad to see Geno and Letang back, but i don't have much confidence in these guys being able to stay healthy and i don't know how productive they will be when then are playing.

Gotta watch out for the short handed goal against tonight, hopefully Geno and Letang don't try and do to much on the PP.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens need to kick into the next gear here. Win the next two and start the grind.

I thought about this a lot. I think this team is just inconsistent. That's how they've been for a year and a half. The streaks of droughts are strange. The streaks of brilliance are nice. But it seems like they need more luck than they actually do anything else if they want to make a run. They are just too inconsistent. It's hard enough to win a best of 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->